User Tag List

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: DOY revised: bug in dream village?

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    27.3%

DOY revised: bug in dream village fixed

Edit: bug fixed.

Hello,

I've been playing jman's revised version of Dreams of Yesterday in 183; I was able to get the black belt (Thanks jman for fixing the super bomb problem). However, I can't proceed to marathon because of a dmap issue in the dream Kokiri Village, where you can't walk to the right.

This problem is right after you get the two medallions for beating vines and mirror, and you go to the altar. It transports you to the dream village, but then you can't get to Marathon. Does anyone have any ideas for workarounds? Has anyone gotten past this point in the revised version?

Thanks!

Reference: jman's revised DOY:
    http://www.cgi101.com/~jman2050/DOY-Revised.zip

jman also posted v152, but I can't use it -- for some reason, I've never gotten any of the Windows versions to work on my computer, so I have to use the DOS version, which jman didn't include:
    http://www.cgi101.com/~jman2050/zcb152.exe

Also, if you are going to say 'use mottzilla's program', that program also seems to be incompatible with the dos version (if I'm wrong, let me know! I'd gladly use it to get past this broken point).

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.66%

Re: DOY revised: bug in dream village?

My freind Giko Cat already reported it.I supposed jman has a lot of warks, so he can't fix it.

I surely beat DoY(original) with 152. But 183's save data isn't compatible with 152' save data.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    27.3%

FYI, Jman fixed the dream village bug; I can now get to Marathon. The new version is available at jman's site:

http://www.cgi101.com/~jman2050/DOY-Revised.zip

Developer
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%

I implore everyone who finds a bug (ANY bug, game-killing or not) while playing in beta 183 to report it here so I can fix it. I'm busy, so actually testing the quest to find the bugs is a chore in itself. Fixing them is easy. Finding the bugs is not.
    AGN's Resident Zelda Classic Developer and Sonic the Hedgehog Fanboy

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.64%

I can think of two off of the top of my head. The first is the cave is on the way to the Storm Tower in Blester. For every screen that you proceed left, you cannot go back to the right. I know this pops up in a few other caves like an early one in Kokiri Village with moving traps, and also one on the way to the dam...so I'm sure at least this type of problem has been addressed before, but I don't know if a solution to this has been presented.

A second possible bug in the Dreameaters Village: In a cave somewhere in the Squirrel's nightmare, a character tells of a "Nightmare buster" in the Dreameaters Village that requires the super bomb. Okay, on the screen to the left of where you acquire the flute, there are two rocks that can be moved with the Level 2 glove. Going south along this path reveals a mine tile from the desert in Link to the Past. When superbombing this tile, a weird cloudlike tile appears that I can swim in (but nothing is found when diving). I'm not sure if there is supposed to be anything there, hence my labeling this as a possible bug. Just figured I'd throw these out. I have yet to beat this quest, but I play it every so often when I need a good Zelda fix. Very, very, impressive quest.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    27.3%

And perhaps you already know about these, but isn't there a location in the goron city that you can bomb (superbomb?) that ends up a bad tile? Also, there's the location in Mudora Muck to get to Subrosia that you can't enter after bombing.

Edit: Also, in mirrors, if you go into the basement you can't return to the surface (maps letting you walk to the left, but not right). Continue does the trick nicely, but annoying.

Also, at the final Ganon, how do you get past the stage where he's showing the triforce and using winds of time? You get swept back to a previous stage, but I can't figure out how to trigger the next part. To the best of my knowledge, this hasn't been asked in any previous post.

Developer
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%

Quote Originally Posted by bigboylink
    I can think of two off of the top of my head. The first is the cave is on the way to the Storm Tower in Blester. For every screen that you proceed left, you cannot go back to the right. I know this pops up in a few other caves like an early one in Kokiri Village with moving traps, and also one on the way to the dam...so I'm sure at least this type of problem has been addressed before, but I don't know if a solution to this has been presented.

A second possible bug in the Dreameaters Village: In a cave somewhere in the Squirrel's nightmare, a character tells of a "Nightmare buster" in the Dreameaters Village that requires the super bomb. Okay, on the screen to the left of where you acquire the flute, there are two rocks that can be moved with the Level 2 glove. Going south along this path reveals a mine tile from the desert in Link to the Past. When superbombing this tile, a weird cloudlike tile appears that I can swim in (but nothing is found when diving). I'm not sure if there is supposed to be anything there, hence my labeling this as a possible bug. Just figured I'd throw these out. I have yet to beat this quest, but I play it every so often when I need a good Zelda fix. Very, very, impressive quest.
    Yeah, those caves are annoying, and plentiful. DO me a favor, for every cave that this bug occurs on, please make a screenshot (press F12) of the entrance, then upload it to a web space and show it here. Failing that, just describe the area of the entrance as best I can, as well as the content of the cave if neccesary.

As for the Dreameater's Village, I do believe that bug is fixed already, at least that's what I noticed when I looked in ZQ. Also, this quest isn't mine, I'm just fixing it :)

Quote Originally Posted by bmowrey
    And perhaps you already know about these, but isn't there a location in the goron city that you can bomb (superbomb?) that ends up a bad tile? Also, there's the location in Mudora Muck to get to Subrosia that you can't enter after bombing.

Edit: Also, in mirrors, if you go into the basement you can't return to the surface (maps letting you walk to the left, but not right). Continue does the trick nicely, but annoying.

Also, at the final Ganon, how do you get past the stage where he's showing the triforce and using winds of time? You get swept back to a previous stage, but I can't figure out how to trigger the next part. To the best of my knowledge, this hasn't been asked in any previous post.
    There's no bomb tile in goron city I'm aware of, and the bomb tile in the subrosian cave was also fixed. I also fixed the bug in mirrors. Annoying buggers these caves are -_-

Finally, I fixed the Ganon fight, whilst having no idea while the enemies->secret flag wasn't checked. It should work now. And while I'm at it, I will announce that after much filandering, I FINALLY found and fixed the bug that caused both fights with the Diviner Golem to go haywire. Go me ^_^

The file is updated. Redownload to see the changes.
    AGN's Resident Zelda Classic Developer and Sonic the Hedgehog Fanboy

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.94%

I'm just starting this quest and have the glove, B&A and the flippers. I need help in finding the Relic Stones. I've been everywhere in Excavating level and can't find the second stone. And how many stones are there?

Thanks fajz
    I intend to live forever.....so far so good

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand

I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case.....
    coincidence....I THINK NOT!!!

I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

Why do you never read in a newspaper...
    "Psychic wins Lottery"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.77%

First off, I take my hat off to Jman for continuing to slog through the bug-ridden mess that is post-163 Dreams of Yesterday. I commend you, sir.

In answer to the last question: there is a relic stone in every nightmare dungeon. You come back to the excavation to find more goodies after you find each stone. The first is there mostly as an example.

-C

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.94%

Ok now that I know about the relic stones, and I thank you, I have another question. IN the endless dessert after you go thru the town and leave too the west and you keep going west until you get to a maze....what way do you go to get thru this maze? I have every combination possible writen down and went thru every one of them and never left the screen. there are 81 possible combinations using 3 map directions (North, South, East, West). Thanks again for the help.
    I intend to live forever.....so far so good

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand

I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case.....
    coincidence....I THINK NOT!!!

I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

Why do you never read in a newspaper...
    "Psychic wins Lottery"

Thread Information