Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.41%

Re: More Zelda...MAJOR SPOILERS.

I was reading that there was a Manga about a curse between a knight and a princess and by night, the knight would turn into a Wolf and by day the Princess would be a hawk and that's what possibly this new Zelda is based off of...there was even a hawk flying onto Link in the trailer and 'Zelda' was outside when it was dark (zomg twilight?). I'll find the link in a bit.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/615/615045p1.html

"Of course, IGNcube has speculated for a great while that Link would likely be able to change into the beast, but the latest trailer is the first official proof of the action. There are all sorts of theories about how this mechanic may play into the game. A search of the title Twilight Princess on the Internet, however, reveals some interesting information. Apparently this is also the name of a Japanese manga which was inspired by the movie Ladyhawke. That film tells the story of a knight and his lady ruined by a horrible curse. The knight is forever cursed to transform into a wolf with the moonlight, just as the lady is cursed to change into a hawk at the first sign of sunlight. There is a possibility, albeit far from proven, that the new Zelda may mirror this storyline. Footage from the latest trailer seems to back this theory, as Link can be seen carrying a hawk on his arm as he explores certain areas. If Twilight Princess does follow the Ladyhawke storyline, that hawk would of course be Zelda."

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.41%

I was reading that there was a Manga about a curse between a knight and a princess and by night, the knight would turn into a Wolf and by day the Princess would be a hawk and that's what possibly this new Zelda is based off of...there was even a hawk flying onto Link in the trailer and 'Zelda' was outside when it was dark (zomg twilight?). I'll find the link in a bit.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/615/615045p1.html

"Of course, IGNcube has speculated for a great while that Link would likely be able to change into the beast, but the latest trailer is the first official proof of the action. There are all sorts of theories about how this mechanic may play into the game. A search of the title Twilight Princess on the Internet, however, reveals some interesting information. Apparently this is also the name of a Japanese manga which was inspired by the movie Ladyhawke. That film tells the story of a knight and his lady ruined by a horrible curse. The knight is forever cursed to transform into a wolf with the moonlight, just as the lady is cursed to change into a hawk at the first sign of sunlight. There is a possibility, albeit far from proven, that the new Zelda may mirror this storyline. Footage from the latest trailer seems to back this theory, as Link can be seen carrying a hawk on his arm as he explores certain areas. If Twilight Princess does follow the Ladyhawke storyline, that hawk would of course be Zelda."

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    44.87%

I just finished watching the 2 hour E3 coverage on G4. Not that I haven't seen that stuff already, but it was interesting to hear them debate over the 3 different showings.

But back to point, I laughed a bit when the IGN editor on there called it "Ladyhawke the Game". (Not that he was making fun of it) :)

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    44.87%

I just finished watching the 2 hour E3 coverage on G4. Not that I haven't seen that stuff already, but it was interesting to hear them debate over the 3 different showings.

But back to point, I laughed a bit when the IGN editor on there called it "Ladyhawke the Game". (Not that he was making fun of it) :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.54%

Do you guys realize we're getting just as bad as Star Wars nerds when it comes to totally ruining a game because we don't agree with some trivial detail?

With the Wind Waker, you guys were all "WTF more like CELDA ahahahaha high fives all around guys!" and you almost ruined the game for me. Wind Waker was more of a Zelda game than the original. OoT is quite possibly one of my least favorite non-handheld Zelda games and it was quite a relief to see that Miyamoto could actually make a good 3d Zelda game.

Of course, he didn't make it the way you wanted it, so you whined and nagged and said "Why couldn't we get something more like the Spaceworld demo?"

Now you've got something more like the Spaceworld demo. It looks to be one of the most breathtaking games that will ever be available for the Gamecube and possiby one of the greatest games you will ever play. I am at a loss for words after watching the trailer and in a few short minutes I am probably going to end up paying $8 to see the 3 videos in their 640x480 glory.

But all you guys care about is Miyamoto didn't make it something like "The Awesome Quest". He apologizes, next time he'll let you name his game that he labored for years on. I'm sure we'll all enjoy "The Legend of Zelda: Link's Quest that is Better than All of the Others" and its sequel "The Legend of Zelda: Jumping out of Flaming Helicopters EXTREME EXTREME".

Seriously. When's the last time a game sucked because of its name?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.54%

Do you guys realize we're getting just as bad as Star Wars nerds when it comes to totally ruining a game because we don't agree with some trivial detail?

With the Wind Waker, you guys were all "WTF more like CELDA ahahahaha high fives all around guys!" and you almost ruined the game for me. Wind Waker was more of a Zelda game than the original. OoT is quite possibly one of my least favorite non-handheld Zelda games and it was quite a relief to see that Miyamoto could actually make a good 3d Zelda game.

Of course, he didn't make it the way you wanted it, so you whined and nagged and said "Why couldn't we get something more like the Spaceworld demo?"

Now you've got something more like the Spaceworld demo. It looks to be one of the most breathtaking games that will ever be available for the Gamecube and possiby one of the greatest games you will ever play. I am at a loss for words after watching the trailer and in a few short minutes I am probably going to end up paying $8 to see the 3 videos in their 640x480 glory.

But all you guys care about is Miyamoto didn't make it something like "The Awesome Quest". He apologizes, next time he'll let you name his game that he labored for years on. I'm sure we'll all enjoy "The Legend of Zelda: Link's Quest that is Better than All of the Others" and its sequel "The Legend of Zelda: Jumping out of Flaming Helicopters EXTREME EXTREME".

Seriously. When's the last time a game sucked because of its name?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    91.54%

Although I think "Twilight Princess" is a sort of weak title, it does not shake my faith that this will be an awesome, awesome game. The only thing I may not like about it is the (apparent) abundance of redeads and the like. All the weird ghost things really brought down some sections of OoT for me. I did like MM a lot though, and WW. Like I said, this game is going to be awesome, and it makes me glad that Revolution is backwards-compatable, because it will make it that much easier to go back and revisit the excellent Gamecube library in the future. :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    91.54%

Although I think "Twilight Princess" is a sort of weak title, it does not shake my faith that this will be an awesome, awesome game. The only thing I may not like about it is the (apparent) abundance of redeads and the like. All the weird ghost things really brought down some sections of OoT for me. I did like MM a lot though, and WW. Like I said, this game is going to be awesome, and it makes me glad that Revolution is backwards-compatable, because it will make it that much easier to go back and revisit the excellent Gamecube library in the future. :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.24%

I really don't mind the title... I think it kind of fits with the dark and moody atmosphere the game seems to have.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the first Zelda game to be rated "T."
    Guess I'll have to accept...A songwriter I'm not.
    'Cause this insipid tune can't express how I've sought
    To be a fine musician, and lyricist as well
    Will my songs always be so lame? I guess only time will tell.

- One of my many dumb poems

(Sigh)...this could have been an awseome quest...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.24%

I really don't mind the title... I think it kind of fits with the dark and moody atmosphere the game seems to have.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the first Zelda game to be rated "T."
    Guess I'll have to accept...A songwriter I'm not.
    'Cause this insipid tune can't express how I've sought
    To be a fine musician, and lyricist as well
    Will my songs always be so lame? I guess only time will tell.

- One of my many dumb poems

(Sigh)...this could have been an awseome quest...

Thread Information