Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.39%

Re: Nintendo Revolution

You can try the 360 though. It is playable this year.

What I heard Reggie say about the controllers was that the Revolution can play all Nintendo games, and if you put all the controllers side by side up to the Gamecube, they're all different. Now imagine what a controller would be to be able to play all of those games.

Its not quoted because I don't know the exact things he said, but that was pretty much all that was said about the controller.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.39%

You can try the 360 though. It is playable this year.

What I heard Reggie say about the controllers was that the Revolution can play all Nintendo games, and if you put all the controllers side by side up to the Gamecube, they're all different. Now imagine what a controller would be to be able to play all of those games.

Its not quoted because I don't know the exact things he said, but that was pretty much all that was said about the controller.

4077 MASH, mess tent. We regret to announce lunch is now being served.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71%

What could it possibly need to include? 1-2 joysticks, 1-2 d-pads, 2+ thumb buttons, 2-4 index finger buttons, and 1-2 center buttons. Hell, the most off-the-wall thing they can do is to make the controller a single control stick with buttons on and a secondary part with d-pad and anything else that isn't on the control stick.
    "Only sith deal in absolutes."~ Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi
    "There's more than one way to skin a spirit."~ Father John Patrick Mulcahy
    "Toleration is not the opposite of intolerance, but is the counterfeit of it. Both are despotisms. The one assumes to itself the right of withholding liberty of conscience, and the other of granting it."~ Thomas Paine
    http://specaill_ed.tripod.com/quotes.html

4077 MASH, mess tent. We regret to announce lunch is now being served.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71%

What could it possibly need to include? 1-2 joysticks, 1-2 d-pads, 2+ thumb buttons, 2-4 index finger buttons, and 1-2 center buttons. Hell, the most off-the-wall thing they can do is to make the controller a single control stick with buttons on and a secondary part with d-pad and anything else that isn't on the control stick.
    "Only sith deal in absolutes."~ Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi
    "There's more than one way to skin a spirit."~ Father John Patrick Mulcahy
    "Toleration is not the opposite of intolerance, but is the counterfeit of it. Both are despotisms. The one assumes to itself the right of withholding liberty of conscience, and the other of granting it."~ Thomas Paine
    http://specaill_ed.tripod.com/quotes.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.04%

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper
    I think what he meant is that you can play all of the NES, SNES, and N64 games with the GameCube controller.
    Link to the Past Tileset for ZC available here: http://www.filespace.org/bam200308/lttptileset2.4.zip

"Lie? Me? Never. The truth is far too much fun."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.04%

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper
    I think what he meant is that you can play all of the NES, SNES, and N64 games with the GameCube controller.
    Link to the Past Tileset for ZC available here: http://www.filespace.org/bam200308/lttptileset2.4.zip

"Lie? Me? Never. The truth is far too much fun."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.86%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

You know... you could just... but a different controller... I don't like the Xbox controller and never use it nowdays. I bought a cheap adapter and use my PS2 controller. I do the same for my PC, and if the Revolution will let me play all the NES SNES and N64 games, I'd ofcourse, buy an adapter if I need to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.86%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

You know... you could just... but a different controller... I don't like the Xbox controller and never use it nowdays. I bought a cheap adapter and use my PS2 controller. I do the same for my PC, and if the Revolution will let me play all the NES SNES and N64 games, I'd ofcourse, buy an adapter if I need to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    91.96%

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock
    Regarding price, I bet Nintendo will aim to be cheaper than the rest. Miyamoto even said they were designing it to be affordable. If they can sell their console for even like, $50 cheaper than the other two that will be a huge advantage (you all saw how great GC sold when it dropped down to $100).
    Yeah, I'd expect a repeat of the last generation where Microsoft and Sony go for the $299 price point and Nintento goes for $199.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    91.96%

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock
    Regarding price, I bet Nintendo will aim to be cheaper than the rest. Miyamoto even said they were designing it to be affordable. If they can sell their console for even like, $50 cheaper than the other two that will be a huge advantage (you all saw how great GC sold when it dropped down to $100).
    Yeah, I'd expect a repeat of the last generation where Microsoft and Sony go for the $299 price point and Nintento goes for $199.

Thread Information