Ok I noticed there has been a flood of new people here looking for ZC. So I am going to answer the most questions I usually here from you guys. Please do not create a topic that has already been answered for you in this faq.

Faqs Last Updated 2-15-2008

Q: Where can I get ZC?
A: There is three versions out. Click on the following link below.

ZC 2.5 Alpha's
Zelda Classic 2.11 B6
Zelda Classic 2.10
Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 183 (I recommend this one)
Zelda Classic 1.90
Zelda Classic 1.0

Q: Where can I get Quests at?
A: There are many sites out there where you can get some. I'll supply you with a couple.

Zelda Classic
Pure ZC
Zelda Classic Network - Died

Q: How do I load a custom Quest? (Submitted by Ganonator)
A:
1) Double click on zelda-w.exe (Assuming your using the windows version)
2) Press "Enter" to pass the flames.
3) Press "Enter" to pass the Zelda intro screen.
4) register a name, and press enter.
5) press "A" (Alt)
6) Press "A" (Alt) again
7) browse to the quest you want to play, choose it and press "ok"
8) press "Enter" to play.

Q: Where Can I get a ZC Tutorial?
A: Currently we are working on a wiki to help you out with ZC

Q: Where can I get Tiles/Midis/Graphic Packs.
A: There are two main sites listed below.

For your tiles and graphics packs I will recommend you PureZC.com

VGMusic has a large database of midi's you can download.

Q: I can't find a linux or mac version to download.
A: Check shardstorm for the latest builds for these platforms

Q: When is the next version coming out?
A: We don't know. So don't ask.

Q: Does nintendo know you guys made this project?
A: Nintendo officially does not care about fan projects, as long as they are not for profit. ZC has been around for years and there are probably plenty of people telling them about it all the time, especially after being recognized on TechTV's The ScreenSavers and EGM magazine.
You may have heard about Nintendo "shutting down" fan projects in the past... These were lies perpetrated by disgruntled schemers and cowardly hosts hoping to avoid trouble. Unfortunately, these two root causes seem to perpetuate eachother and as a result, it can get pretty aggravating.
The fact of the matter is that Nintendo only uses real, actual mail to deliver cease-and-desist orders. So if you see or get a threatening message in any other format, don't believe it. Nintendo has no interest in suing you for being a fan.

Q: That's cool and all but where do I find Zelda Classic and Quests at.
A: Reread the faqs. -_-

Q: I can't carry any bombs or arrows! Why?
Click here for a thread relevant to your interests. Same goes for magic. If you can't use it, either you need magic, or the quest author disabled it for that quest or area.

Q: Why isn't ZC 2.0 not working under vista?
A: From what I know is due to the version of allegro we used in that previous version. We are not going to fix it since ZC 2.5 is in the works and alphas have been released.

Q: Help I am having issues setting options like resolutions, quickloading, etc.
Ever heard of Zelda Classic Launcher? It's worth checking out. You can get a copy at shardstorm.

If you are going to ask a question, Please take the time to type all the words out or I'll ignore your question. If you want to add on to my faqs. Feel free :)