0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.2%

Re: Worst Endings... Ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    I got this ending too, but apparently, if you kill the boss in such a way that you save the person floating inside of it, you get the good ending. Don't take my word for it though, I haven't seen it myself.
    The story was bad and convoluted enough, and to make things worse they try to explain everything right before fighting the last boss - which might I add is a pathetic last boss! Even if you do save Schala using the Chrono Cross, the ending you get isn't very good.

The only thing I can say about Chrono Cross is that it's better if you don't play it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.58%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by vegeta1215

The only thing I can say about Chrono Cross is that it's better if you don't play it.
    Uh uh, it's an excellent game, ending beside.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Marsden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.74%

Quote Originally Posted by Daarkseid
    Uh uh, it's an excellent game, ending beside.
    Really? I'll have to look into getting it. I was always irritated that Chrono Trigger didn't get the rumored 'proper' sequel it deserved, but apparently CC wasn't all that bad. Was it Glenn who was the link?
    AGN's resident Doctor Who, Star Wars and Torchwood fan

Current life projects: Survive job, stay awake, write stuff, find new job. Not in that order.

Hey, I do online reviews now! Check out my site to see the latest videos.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.2%

I'm not getting into another debate with Daarkseid about Chrono Cross, but I think he'd agree that if you were looking for a proper sequel to Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross is not it.

Even so, in my opinion the game is pretty bad on it's own, despite a few of it's merits:
    - Graphics and character design
    - Sound and music
    - Weapon crafting system
    - Level up system
    - Some really cool "stages" (the Sea of Eden, the Isle of the Damned, Fort Dragonia, etc)

There is a Glenn in Chrono Cross, but it is not the same one from Chrono Trigger. He is a really good character though, and does an X-Strike with Serge similar to what Frog did with Crono.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.86%

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFlameWolf
    I know, but I still think it was just silly. Especially with the rest of the ending.
    Not only that, but I think it's Kvar that mutters: "So it's evolving... interesting." Or perhaps it is Yuan. Anyway, there is more than anough evidence to make that valid. Remember that the Exsphere was the first of the Angelus Project? And Presea had the same thing done to her?
    I expected him to have something happen at some point, I thought for the last boss battle, but still, the ending was a good one, I think, although the voice acting deteriorated in a matter of seconds for that final scene.

I agree with the Wind Waker. It is dire, and the music in the credits is appaling. It left me feeling cheated, with no real Zelda music to be heard. I was hoping to see what they'd do with the new world that was theirs... anyway, let's hope that they don't do it again with this new game.
    "I was in heaven and you don't care,
    My lucent orb is fading bright,
    All of this hatred turns you on,
    You can taste my life forever..."
    - Energy, InMe

:whitemage :whitemage :whitemage :whitemage
    Specifelecity - Meaning the small splats of bubble gum on pavements that have
    gone black with dirt. "This city is full of specifelecity." "I'm specifelecitising! Help!"
    I just LOST the GAME. So did you.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.5%

I have 3 rants that might have some spoilers so...
    Spoiler Warning

ActRaiser 2

Okay, not only is it not as good as the first one. It has a really bad ending.
    So, The Master just goes away. It's kinda odd for a god to do that.

Adventures of Lolo
    It's kinda odd that when you complete 10-5 (Which isn't that hard of a puzzle, you would think they would at least throw a Don Medusa in there). You see Lolo just walk into the Throne Room of the Great Devil and he's standing there about 4 times the size of Lolo. You would expect some sort of struggle, but Lolo just eggs him once and he's gone. Thank God they compensated in the other 2 with Boss Battles.

Gradius Series
    One of the hardest horizontal shooters of all time and every one of them suffers in the end. The last boss is always a cakewalk to beat. Good thing there is a speed up part in the end of some of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    4.16%

-SPOILERS-

Silent Hill 3: Good ending- It just didn't suit a game of it's genre. When you get this ending, all Heather really does is explain that she's actually Cheryl. And then Douglas asks if Heather is going to let her hair go back to black. She replies with:

"Oh, I don't know... Don't you think blondes have more fun? *little girly hair swish*"

I liked the Possessed ending much more. It gave you chills when you saw it. Still have to get the Revenge ending, though.

Silent Hill 4: Escape Ending- It wasn't much different from the Mother ending. In both endings, Henry visits Eileen at the hospital and gives her a bunch of flowers. The only difference in the Escape ending is that Eileen gets an added line:

"I guess we're gonna have to find a new place to live, huh?"

And a less depressing verse of 'Your Rain' was played. I kinda wanted a bit of variety.

Sonic Adventure 2- Dr. Eggman tried to blow up the Earth, but when Sonic and Shadow stop FinalHazard, they let Eggman go. I mean, Sonic chases this madman constantly, but then they're all of a sudden buddies.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    81.32%

Silent Hill 4 The Room 21 scarfice ending, yeah it was supposed to suck, yet it kinda leaved you hangging.

Tomb Radier 1 Too short.

Silent Hill 1 The best ending. Was it just me or was there no talking at all at the end of it o_O. I mean you get more out of it in teh worst ending (So it seems).

Resident Evil 1 Yeah its cool they were done with real people, but they were too short for the amount of stuff you had to go through in that game

Doom 3 Alot of you might not have beaten it yet, so I won't say anything other then, I was dissapointed highly.
    Want fast, free, no ads or banners, reliable hosting? E-mail me and I'll hook you up!

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Marsden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.74%

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Cloud
    Doom 3 Alot of you might not have beaten it yet, so I won't say anything other then, I was dissapointed highly.
    Personally, I was more relieved I didn't have to go sufferany more 'monsters leaping out of cupboards' then anything else. I kinda liked the ending - especially the hidden PDA with messages from the team who made the game! (If you didn't find it, it's right before the end boss - When the corridor splits both ways, head LEFT and look for a brick with the iD logo on it. Push it, and you're there.) Have yet to get the add-on, but I'm looking forward to that as well.

On a sidenote - I didn't like to cheat during D3, but there was one point where I had to. I t was one of the minibosses, at the end of your first proper journey to hell, right before you get the SoulCube (cool weapon, btw). My framerate went through the roof and I had to cheat just to stay alive. Stupid games pushing the limits of my poor old system... Grr.

One more bad ending for you all - Final Fantasy I. Not sure if they changed it for the Dawn of Souls edition (which is what I played), but it made absolutely no sense.

SPOILERS-A-GO-GO!
    So Garland was nearly killed by four wimps and got sent back in time. Fine. What makes no sense at all it the idea that he had thousands of years to get strong again... only to get to the same point in time where he gets defeated by those four wimps! Again and again and again, until he can't take it any more and blows his own brains out! Where's the logic in that? It goes against every law of time I've ever been taught!
    END OF SPOILER MADNESS

Maybe someone can explain it to me? I'm not easily confused, but this has me baffled.
    AGN's resident Doctor Who, Star Wars and Torchwood fan

Current life projects: Survive job, stay awake, write stuff, find new job. Not in that order.

Hey, I do online reviews now! Check out my site to see the latest videos.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.48%

yeah, the Guardian boss battle in hell in Doom 3 is a very taxing area on any one's computer. lol
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Thread Information