User Tag List

Thread: Lego Star Wars is the greatest game EVER.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Marsden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.55%

Lego Star Wars is the greatest game EVER.

Seriously. Download the demo if you don't believe me. It makes the first three episodes cool - if that's not enough, I don't know what is.

If you've never heard of it, then I'll explain. Lego Star Wars basically takes the first three Star Wars films (The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and the forthcoming Revenge of the Sith) and turns them into an action-adventure game. And then turns everything to Lego.

It sounds crazy, but believe me - once you've seen it in action, you'll love it. It's not just a last minute thing, it's integral to the game - you use the force to 'build' bridges and ships out of random Lego bricks, the characters literally fall to pieces when destroyed, the 'Lego studs' that you have to collect (and from which you lose some should you die), it all ads together o make a wonderful platform game that's quite simply unique.

To quote from the Gamespy review (which, contrary to popular belief, actually gets it spot on): "Whenever you 'die' you simply lose some of the studs you collected, most of which your teammate can quickly scoop up. It's pretty much impossible not to complete a level; this is one of the friendliest games on the market. It's a challenge to get all the stuff, but never a challenge to forge on ahead.

Adding to that playful sense of fun are the great cutscenes, where hysterically animated LEGO characters mutely grunt their way through key scenes in the movies. Yep, there's no actual spoken dialogue: that means nobody ever utters the word "metachlorians." Even if you didn't necessarily like the movies, you'll probably have a great time with the game.

That's what LEGO Star Wars is all about: a great time. Whether it's the nostalgia or the cuteness that hooks you in, the gameplay makes it worth sticking around. SO many games take themselves too seriously and forget about the fun; that's not a problem here. Heck, in a perfect world, we'd love to see this concept taken to other franchises like The Matrix, Spider-Man or Lord of the Rings. ...if you're packing a couple of gamepads, the PC version is almost certain to please."

This is one of the greatest based-on-a-film games out there, and I urge everybody here to at least try it. Believe me, you won't regret it.

That Gamespy review.
    AGN's resident Doctor Who, Star Wars and Torchwood fan

Current life projects: Survive job, stay awake, write stuff, find new job. Not in that order.

Hey, I do online reviews now! Check out my site to see the latest videos.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.85%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Re: Lego Star Wars is the greatest game EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Marsden
    the 'Lego studs' that you have to collect
    Is this an action game or a dating game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.34%

Sounds fun. I might check it out.
    Winner of the Side Splitter award in the first Writing Contest

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.14%

I've always liked Lego's games when it comes to licences. Some of their games, like the abominable Pizza deilvery thing were awful, but they do some amusing things sometimes.
    If only more companies would break from the norm and make games that, whilst might not be great, are simply fun to play. But I won't bring up that old thread from ages past back up.
    I had a look at the review - it looks quite good, but my computer is dire, so I think I'll spare it the dilemma.
    "I was in heaven and you don't care,
    My lucent orb is fading bright,
    All of this hatred turns you on,
    You can taste my life forever..."
    - Energy, InMe

:whitemage :whitemage :whitemage :whitemage
    Specifelecity - Meaning the small splats of bubble gum on pavements that have
    gone black with dirt. "This city is full of specifelecity." "I'm specifelecitising! Help!"
    I just LOST the GAME. So did you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    57.08%

It is actually a lot of fun to play. At first glance it does seem a little simplistic and rather childish, given its lack of difficulty, but that doesn't detract from it's enjoyment of playing with LEGO Star Wars stuff. The concept in and of itself has it's own charm.

There's really only 2 things I can think of about it that kinda bothered me a tad:

1) Collecting all the mini ship kits is a pointless venture. Other than seeing them all floating in the diners' parking lot, there's no real purpose in getting them whatsoever. Sucks...

2) I would have liked to have seen a few more "ship" based levels. Out of the 18 levels in the game, sadly there are only 3 (pod race, clone war gunship, battle over coruscant). The ones it has are sweet though... just wish there were more...

I loved it in it's entiretly though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.02%

It's an incredible game. I've played through most of it, and I'm trying to unlock the bonus level now. Buying defeated characters is great. My favourite freeplay character is Darth Maul, and playing as Sidious and Greivous is a lot of fun.
    "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord..."
    "In the name of the best within you, do not sacrifice this world to those who are its worst."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.7%

I've heard good things about it, and played the demo. I thought it was alright. Not bad for a Star Wars/Lego game. But best game ever? Please.
    Link to the Past Tileset for ZC available here: http://www.filespace.org/bam200308/lttptileset2.4.zip

"Lie? Me? Never. The truth is far too much fun."

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    86.16%

I hope its as good as Lego Racing

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Marsden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.55%

Quote Originally Posted by Orion
    I've heard good things about it, and played the demo. I thought it was alright. Not bad for a Star Wars/Lego game. But best game ever? Please.
    Okay, fine - best STAR WARS game ever. But that doesn't sound quite as catchy now, does it.

And I would just like to point out that Yoda is as good as, if not even better, then he was in the film. He just leaps about all over the place - it's insane! Very cool, but insane.

Collecting all the ships unlocks a bonus level, I believe. Not sure what it is, but I definately want to get it! I would have liked more ship levels as well, but preferably more like one from Episode III then the others (it was just so much fun!).

Trying to save up enough to unlock General Grevious now, he was VERY cool when I fought him, so here's hoping he's even more fun when you're playing as him.
    AGN's resident Doctor Who, Star Wars and Torchwood fan

Current life projects: Survive job, stay awake, write stuff, find new job. Not in that order.

Hey, I do online reviews now! Check out my site to see the latest videos.

Thread Information