1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.84%

Re: Treasure Chests

...Cool.
    "Walking around naked is a health issue. Forinstance, if you walk around naked and aren't a hot woman, people like me are a threat to your health when we start shooting at you."
    -Mottzilla

Robots in Disguise
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.75%

There are 6 new combo types.
    - Chest (Normal) is standard chest. It opens when you touch it from below (you can't open a chest from the side or top). It changes to the next combo in the combo list.
    - Chest (Normal, Copycat) changes when a chest is activated. These can't be activated by touching them, only by being triggered from a regular chest.
    - Chest (Locked) works like Chest (Normal), except it removes a key from your inventory when you open it. If you don't have any normal keys or the magic key, it won't open.
    - Chest (Locked, Copycat) works like Chest (Normal, Copycat) except that it triggers when a Chest (Locked) is triggered.
    - Chest (Boss) works like Chest (Normal), except it only opens if you have a Boss Key in your inventory.
    - Chest (Boss, Copycat) works like Chest (Normal, Copycat) except that it triggers when a Chest (Boss) is triggered.

All chests of the same class (Normal, Locked, Boss), along with their Copycat counterparts, will open at the same time if one of them is opened. You only get the special item if Link is touching an Armos->Item flag when a chest type is triggered. So, you can have empty chests and Link has to pick the right one to get the prize. And he would only have one shot in the entire game, since chest states save, just like door states.

A large chest (at least, in the screen shots above) is composed of 4 combos. The top 2 are Chest (Boss, Copycat) types and the bottom 2 combos are Chest (Boss) types. The bottom 2 each have an Armos->Item flag on them.

And since many people are using the default theme, they aren't going to see your comment about the warp system, Snort, as it is white text on a white background. I almost missed it (and was wondering why Praethus thought that '<3' had anything to do with warps).

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.35%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

So, you can have empty chests and Link has to pick the right one to get the prize. And he would only have one shot in the entire game, since chest states save, just like door states.
    Oh, my, that's a bloody good idea. O_O ...

We still have to find a system in which if you touch a combo like that, it'll turn into the next one, but all the others on the screen WON'T. That should be very important for puzzles, and things like footprints in the snow, dirt, or sand, in the case of walkable combos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    49.19%

You only get the special item if Link is touching an Armos->Item flag when a chest type is triggered.
    So does the flag go on the chest itself or on the tile below the chest?

Also, I think I see the answer in your (nams) just, but I just want to be sure. If you have the chest set to appear upon killing all enemies, then you open the chest. When you come back in and kill the enemies again, will it be the open chest that appears?
    Current Quests in Progress...
    Zelda: Eya's Song

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    54.18%

First question to DN: What does "nam" mean?

Second question to DN: Now that we have functional chests, would it be possible to have a chest game, similar to LTTP? Obviously we couldn't have a room full of 12 chests, but something like... enter the room, pay the guy, guy disappears, and a handful of chests appear within the room, say, eight, in a square configuration, so that the center space, where the guy disappeared from (and where the player is standing), would remain empty? Another room type we could potentially make would be like the pay for info room, only it'd be a pay for item room. Three chests, with values set by the quest maker, containing specific items. A player could choose from a 10, 30, or 60 rupee chest, only to find a heart, heart container, or perhaps an exploding bomb. Additionally, the room would be one time only, or there would have to be a specific item which would remove the room, or thirdly, the chests would only be purchaseable once, so a player couldn't continually buy a pair of flippers or what have you. Sort of like a shop, only you can't see what you're getting, which could potentially be a lot of useless crap.

Third question to DN: You mentioned magical keys opening chests, and that got me thinking, are we any closer to having dungeon specific keys, or dungeon specific magical keys (hereafter referred to as master keys, different from Boss Keys)?

Hero For Hire

Quality Heroics At Affordable Prices!
    -Perfect For All Occasions, Including Office Parties
    -Prices Halved For Qualifying Maidens
    -Accepts All Major Credit Cards
    -We Now Handle Giant Bats And Snakes!
    -Zombie Proof Your Home For Free With Purchase Of Any Service Package

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.52%

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Nation
    So, you can have empty chests and Link has to pick the right one to get the prize. And he would only have one shot in the entire game, since chest states save, just like door states.
    Could there be like a screen flag or something to negate the saving of states until an item is collected? This way, you could have a game that works but with more than one chance to get the item.

Quote Originally Posted by {DSG}DarkRaven
    First question to DN: What does "nam" mean?
    I think its to signify that he fought in Vietnam..

..just kidding :p It means "Not a Mockup"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.55%

so, the armos-item is still required? that's kinda funky, if you ask me... but, you didn't, so I'll just have to joygasam everytime I set one of these little guys off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    95.72%

Wow, that's totally awesome! Now the next thing to do is have it so that when you get an item in a chest, it will display the text string for the screen. Think about it, you walk up to open the chest and you take the item, and a descrption goes from accross the screen describing it.
    The name might be missleading, I'm not jigglypuff.

"...A Bible! A Bible! We have got a Bible, and there cannot be any more Bible."
    Second Nephi 29:3

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.39%

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglysaint
    Wow, that's totally awesome! Now the next thing to do is have it so that when you get an item in a chest, it will display the text string for the screen. Think about it, you walk up to open the chest and you take the item, and a descrption goes from accross the screen describing it.
    That's awesome if that could happen. It could be like a room type. chest -> string. XD Open the chest and the string is displayed. :)

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.52%

Quote Originally Posted by *b*
    so, the armos-item is still required? that's kinda funky, if you ask me...
    Maybe "Armos->Item" flag should have it's name changed to "Item Activator" to more properly reflect it's function, since it is now used for more than just Armos combos.

Thread Information