User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: If society evolves, does morality evolve with it?

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    53.09%

Re: If society evolves, does morality evolve with it?

Some people have no morals. Everyone sets certain limits for themselves that they will not cross. People acted irresponsibly in days gone by, but its not accepted as much these days. The increase in wants as opposed to needs in recent times may be due to the steady economic boom / recovery. Most people feels that they are more free with less constraints. Go to a third word country and see if its the same.
    :moo: :moo: OK, so I have got the Pot Noodle horn! It's big and brassy and I'm going to blow it!:moo: :moo:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.04%

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragon
    As I have neither at the moment I can't adequately answer your question; but since I wouldn't be around to either view or regret the consequences of my death I'm tempted to think I wouln't give it too much thought.
    I don't believe in the afterlife, but I do believe that the effect we had on the world is equivalent. Do you really want your mark on the world, your last hint of existence to be cowardly nuking major cities to kill millions?
    Coleman Mulkerin
    University of Pittsburgh

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.46%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

(IMHO, of course.) If you wouldn't be aware of any such mark on your name, would you really care? If you don't care, you're invulnerable to it. (That is, of course, only an expression.)

To be frank, that's rather close to how I feel. After you've had about ... ... I don't even remember, ... about twenty one people that you know and love die around you in the past three years, you tend to grow accustomed to such things, and they begin to either mean less and less to you, or more and more of something else entirely.

If society evolves, ... (Really, WHY isn't this in the Think Tank? You always come up with such great threads, CR. Major Kudos.) ... will the standard individual be dragged along as well? Naturally, such a thing takes time, and isn't exactly a noticeable instant. There are a myriad of individual factors to be considered, with which to create a list of would be unfathomably tedius and time consuming. Those must be considered along with the length of time with which society is evolving, and where it is evolving to. If you're referring to an evolution to the Industrial Revolution, where people can be thought of as industrial workhorses for powering the new nation, that's one thing. If you're referring to the fairly recent sexual revolution and the internet revolution, ... ... Who can say for sure.

(Related to the above.) If a person who saves an elderly person from getting run over by a truck goes directly home and pleasures himself to pr0n, is that moral? Is it moral to do what one wishes in the privacy of one's home? Is it moral to develop a new way of expressing oneself? ( ---> :waggle: & F*ck, etc.) Am I a moral person for censoring it? Is someone else who does not censor that word still moral for helping me discover how to censor it?

... Too many questions, right? Sorry, I just have a problem with discovering the meaning of relativity. XD I mean, it's freakin HUGE! O_O All-encompassing!

Thread Information