Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.08%

Hey Armageddon

Hi, I'm new, but yet I'm not new. Lets just say I've been designing a Zeldaclassic quest for the past 3 years. It's a huge game I've been told is really good, and even good compaired to the highest rated ones here. =p But why haven't I posted it yet? Well, it's not complete yet. lol

Anyways, enough about my quest because I don't want to brag and boast over a game.

But I do have a few questions.

- First of all, how is all this even possible? I mean sure, copy the original Zelda game, and create the quest editor thing, and than slap Nintendo copyright on it and not make profit, sure that all sounds great. But to be quite frank, you're still allowing members to download "The Legend of Zelda" for free, which I don't think Nintendo would allow, did you guys get permission for this or something?

- Second of all, what's the best program used to play Zeldaclassic? Which version of Direct X should I download? Or should I even use Direct X at all? I noticed when I play that my midis play VERY slowly and my movements are rather a little slow.

- Third of all, when I downloaded the newest version of Zeldaclassic, I notice that sometimes the midi's play a little distorted, like instead of a nice tune, I get this loud sound playing with my midis randomly. Have you guys noticed this problem as well? Just thought I'd let ya know.

Anyways, I have more questions, but I got to go really quick. Sorry about that. But good luck with this program, because it gave me something to turn to every now and than. Btw, the new version rocks. But there are a few suggestions I could add which I'll add to the suggestion forum later.

But yeah, good luck with it all, the entire idea is pretty neat. Anyways, I must go. Later

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.4%

Re: Hey Armageddon

To answer your questions as AGN sees the issues:

Copyrights: We've had multiple discussions and only a few fatalities regarding the legalities of ZC. It started years ago and was base programmed by a member for a while, then turned over to two other programmers. All work is their own. Besides this, we don't know the legal issues, and we frankly don't want to get involved with them.;

Zelda Classic uses the Allegro RTL, which isn't DirectX based. The allegro.dll file comes included with a fresh download of the program. This way, we aren't limited to DOS, Windows, Linux, or Macintosh operating systems.

There are still a few small problems with the game, as it's not a professional production. New fixes come out in time, and I believe the current release, 2.10, has things fixed.

I hope you enjoy your stay at AGN, and your quest does well!

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.08%

- Yeah, okay, so it doesn't use Direct X, would you guys know why my system plays Zeldaclassic slowly? Even the midis play slowly in both Zeldaclassic and Zquest. Both me and another person have the same built computer and hers run really fast. I've had slow play value in every version of ZC I downloaded, and let me repeat myself, me and her got the exact same built of computers. I assume something I have my computer is affecting it somehow.

- Before when I had your program, I could access a file called ag, which allows me to change a few settings and such, but now I can't even open that file anymore. In fact, it opens with a microsoft program from microsoft office which don't even detect the file. What program opens ag?

- As for the midi distortion problem, well, the fact is, I didn't get that problem until I downloaded 2.10, so when you get the time, you should check that out. We all have lives, and I don't expect ya to rush it. =p Take your time, the program works great!

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.66%

Both sound effects and midis are on the(unfortunately large) list of known bugs for version 2.10. But anyway, what I was really posting for, you might want scan your computer for viruses and ad/spyware. You've probably got SOMETHING on there that's slowing your system down. I use both Ad-aware and Spybot Search & Destroy for ad/spyware on my comp, you should be able to find both on Google, and I use NOD32 for virus scanning, which you can get a free trial of here.

As for the ag file, the only thing I can think of that you could be talking about is agsetup.exe, which came with, I believe, version 1.86 downloads, though nothing higher than that included it. It does, however, work for 1.90, 1.92 and, I think, 2.10. But what it does is lets you change what you're using for sound and music and graphics and such. At least, I'm pretty sure that's what it does. I don't remember having it MYSELF when I had 1.86 though, so if someone else can correct me, by all means, go ahead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.12%

ag.cfg...
    it opens in notepad