User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: request: Nintendo Power Link's Awakening preview scans

-Garrett-

Verified Bug request: Nintendo Power Link's Awakening preview scans

I'm really interested in a scan of Nintendo Power's Link's Awakening preview as referred to here.

They say it had an entirely different LTTP-like world map etc., which I really want to see for myself. :)

I'm SO addicted to Zelda betas ...in fact I'm considering starting a webpage about my OOA/OOS beta findings, so this would be a nice thing to feature there...

Come on people, this is the *fourth* forum I've tried at... seriously now... don't let me down like the others did... :-( ...you'd think *someone* would have this issue...

I decided to ask at some Zelda-centered forums first, thinking they'd surely have the goods, but I got nothing; therefore I decided to come back here, to the horse's mouth itself!

Oh, and yeah, I'm new here, yadda yadda yadda...

--I suppose I could always PM Warlock directly, but I don't like to bother admins...

Thanks in advance! *crosses fingers*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.96%

Re: request: Nintendo Power Link's Awakening preview scans

http://www.zeldalegends.net/index.ph...blications#npm (third one listed in the NP section) I hope thats what you're looking for. btw, you can thank Mak-X for that, and many other scans on that page.

If that's not it, I'll try and look through some of my old NP magazines to see if I can find anything.

-Garrett-

Quote Originally Posted by vegeta1215
    If that's not it, I'll try and look through some of my old NP magazines to see if I can find anything.
    Unfortunately, that's not it! I've already been given that link today in another forum.

That one has the correct overworld map etc. and the name of the game, whereas the description says it just said "Zelda 4".

So, yeah, if you could look through your mags, that would be a GREAT help to me!

EDIT: you *did* see the link in the first post, right? The guy says it's likely an October issue. So you might as well start there instead of going through everything.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.96%

Yeah, I saw the link in your first post. They said Oct 1993 right? According to the Zelda Legends site, that LA preview I linked you was from May 1993. If that is correct, the scans you're seeking have to be before that.

I have a lot of Nintendo Power mags (I've been a subscriber since issue #25), but I've gotten rid of a lot of the old ones. I did save all the ones that were Zelda related or had other good articles, like the Secret of Mana one for example. I'll check'm out later tonight - I'm currently dog sitting.

Oh, be sure to check out the OoT beta screenshots on that page. If they are what I think they are, they were from this one NP issue where Nintendo had 100 preview screenshots of OoT. They all looked very different from the final product.

UPDATE: I just checked my NP magazines, but the only ones I saved before issue 100 were issues: 50 (Link's Awakening cover, July 1993), 54 (Secret of Mana cover), and 98 (GoldenEye 007 cover)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.55%

I have 33-112, but they are about 500 miles away from me so if I remember I'll look for them.

I don't remember any previews of LA, though... or at least nothing out of the ordinary. If you can get me an issue number I can tell you if I have it.

-Garrett-

Oh, that's... sad... hmmm...

Yeah, I've seen OOT beta stuff before. The fairies were much more angelic and significantly less naked, weren't they? Which begs the question, why change them?!?

Unless it was to give the game sex appeal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.61%

Except that the end result was just weird looking and not at all sexy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.96%

Quote Originally Posted by AtmaWeapon
    I don't remember any previews of LA, though... or at least nothing out of the ordinary.
    It was most likely just a Pak Watch piece with a small paragraph, one or two screenshots, and Zelda 4 as the title. I remember a long time ago there was a Pak Watch for Secret of Mana, but the title was Final Fantasy Adventure 2.

Quote Originally Posted by -Garrett-
    Yeah, I've seen OOT beta stuff before. The fairies were much more angelic and significantly less naked, weren't they? Which begs the question, why change them?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloral
    Except that the end result was just weird looking and not at all sexy.
    I liked the blue-ish fairies better. I think they even showed them in the US commercial for OoT. But noooo, we had to get ugly freaky looking fairies.

-Garrett-

Yeah, I almost wanted to avert my eyes at points, it was *that* weird and off-putting. Not as off-putting as Cho Aniki, mind... that game is siiiiick...

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    44.89%

Not to mention they had that banshee scream as they soar up out of the fountain.

Hmm, so this 'preview' had to be between LTTP issue (34, Mar '92) and before issue LA issue (50, July '93), right?. My oldest issue I have is 41, Oct '92 which had Super Mario Kart as the cover game. I have every issue, excluding Nov '92 from that month on.

Unfortunatly, anything past 97 or 98 I boxed up and stuck in our basement. I wasn't really a huge Link fan back then, but I don't remember that preview. But you're sure there was one with a different overworld?

If its likely and October issue, it would have to be my first issue. I don't remember anything in that

Thread Information