Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.76%

Re: Mega Man DWR Director's Cut RELEASED

YAY BABY! I'm gonna download it right now!

BTW, I'm updating my sig that tells my current progress, so I'll update it every time I get somewhere, so you know if I'm having any trouble or not. Progressing nicely in Level 7, it hasn't stumped me so far yet, but those blocks that disappear and send you back to the first floor can be irritating sometimes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.65%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Eeek. You realize you should downsample the sound effects right? That likely why it's so huge. Also you should change sound effects to mono whenever possible (as there is no reason to be stereo that I could think of).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.9%

Eek? Well, I knew someone would say that...
    The problem is that PolygonX8 recorded most of the sounds and I have no good enough programs to downsample the sounds effects. Of course if the size becomes a too big problem for many people, I have to ask Polygon to record the sounds again. But Mottzilla, you said you liked the Metroid sfx file, and it was pretty huge too... about 1.8 megs. The MMDWR sfx is 2.5 megs, so it's not that much bigger. But if you have a slow connection then I can feel your pain.

And ZeldaFan001, that's cool what you did with your sig! I'll be paying attention to your sig every now and then.
    --------------------
    "GET a stable version, THEN add more with the builds, DON'T just keep adding bloat to something that doesn't work already.
    Has common sense just left the building, or what?" -Freedom

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.73%

Petoe, what's the status on a SFX.DAT? I think that would make the playing experience most desirable. I tried someone's (sorry I forget who) Metroid quest awhile back and was pleased with the results and after seeing the shots of your quest I look forward to getting a chance to try it.
    The demo of MtPP, Pirate's Projects right? That quest is turning out better than I expected and I can't even find what's so great about it...

The SFX file is no doubt huge as hell. The method I used for getting the sounds was that of the same I made for the MtPP SFX, so I'm not sure why the filesize on MMDWR blasted up, epsecially when MtPP's changes every sound in the dat file. Well, when I get time I'll mess wit the file myself and see what may be causing the large filesize.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    54.18%

Quote Originally Posted by Petoe
    Eek? Well, I knew someone would say that...
    The problem is that PolygonX8 recorded most of the sounds and I have no good enough programs to downsample the sounds effects.

I have two very good sound editing programs, both of which have a few minor snags if you don't pay for them, but both work very well regardless. The first is Cool Edit 96 (which can probably be found on downloads.com or a google search), and the second is Goldwave (also on downloads.com or google).

Cool Edit is fully functional, save for the ingenious quirk of only being able to use two function sets at a time. For example, the save, open, etc commands are one, while recording is another, and so on. The rest are fairly complex, and personally I've never had a use for them, but then again, I don't do much besides waveform editing. It should do what you need to with no problems, I believe.

GoldWave is also fully functional, but you can only use 3000 commands before the program locks up and requires registration. Every time you click play, stop, rewind, a drop down menu option, etc., it counts as a click. I never used it much, because Cool Edit did what I needed, mostly, but 3000 is a lot more than you might think, and should at least work for your purposes.

Maybe it's just me, because I just installed a download resume program, but I can't download the quest right now. Gives me a missing file error. Strange, no? Maybe it's just a bandwidth issue, if I'm lucky.

Hero For Hire

Quality Heroics At Affordable Prices!
    -Perfect For All Occasions, Including Office Parties
    -Prices Halved For Qualifying Maidens
    -Accepts All Major Credit Cards
    -We Now Handle Giant Bats And Snakes!
    -Zombie Proof Your Home For Free With Purchase Of Any Service Package

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.9%

{DSG}DarkRaven! I haven't seen you in a while...
    I have to see if I'd be able to do something with those programs you suggested.

And Polygon, I'd be glad if you some day could send me smaller versions of the sound effects :) (unless I do something first).

And ZeldaFan001, I saw from your sig that you don't like the Z1 sounds in the new SFX file. Well, I don't think they sound that bad, and because some of the sound effects are used for multiple sounds, I had no choice but to leave those Zelda effects there. Otherwise the sounds would have sounded stupid. And another thing is that the sfx is already big enough. Add some more new sounds there and it would be over 3 megs...
    --------------------
    "GET a stable version, THEN add more with the builds, DON'T just keep adding bloat to something that doesn't work already.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.76%

Yeah, I suppose I can just update the sound file myself since I have the lttp sfx.dat file right here.

So far, I think I'm in the last level of the game, so this is it! Hopefully, I can do a review soon too, so I'll try to finish playing this game later today after class.

I seem to be having trouble winning the surfboard game. Is it currently beatable and are there different paths you can take that allow you to win? I've gotten past at least 4 screens, but can't figure it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.9%

There's only 1 path in the surfboard mini game. If I remember correctly, there are 7 screens. Of course it is beatable right after you get the surfboard. You probably know that you can only turn the surfboard when next to a solid object? The surfboard minigame is tough, but it's nowhere near impossible. Always when you come to a new screen, you have to be fast an decide your route through the screen or the game's over.

And I'd be glad to get more reviews. You people have no idea how fun it is to read people's opinions, no matter what everyone thinks about the quest.
    --------------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    54.18%

I've been on a bit of an internet hiatus recently, but I finally decided to defile my laptop with NetZero's garbage service. Sorry I never got a chance to do much testing for you, but apparently that hasn't been a problem. Now if I could only get an uncorrupted copy of the file...

Hero For Hire

Quality Heroics At Affordable Prices!
    -Perfect For All Occasions, Including Office Parties
    -Prices Halved For Qualifying Maidens
    -Accepts All Major Credit Cards
    -We Now Handle Giant Bats And Snakes!
    -Zombie Proof Your Home For Free With Purchase Of Any Service Package

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.9%

Quote Originally Posted by {DSG}DarkRaven
    I've been on a bit of an internet hiatus recently, but I finally decided to defile my laptop with NetZero's garbage service. Sorry I never got a chance to do much testing for you, but apparently that hasn't been a problem. Now if I could only get an uncorrupted copy of the file...
    Well, to be honest, the testing didn't go very well... But the quest is finally here and only 1 bug has been reported so far.

About the corrupted file, where did you download it? Someone else said he got a corrupted file when downloading it from the AGN QDB.
    --------------------

Thread Information