0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.56%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Re: Mega Man DWR Director's Cut RELEASED

Petoe, what's the status on a SFX.DAT? I think that would make the playing experience most desirable. I tried someone's (sorry I forget who) Metroid quest awhile back and was pleased with the results and after seeing the shots of your quest I look forward to getting a chance to try it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.72%

Quote Originally Posted by Mottzilla
    Petoe, what's the status on a SFX.DAT? I think that would make the playing experience most desirable. I tried someone's (sorry I forget who) Metroid quest awhile back and was pleased with the results and after seeing the shots of your quest I look forward to getting a chance to try it.
    Well in that case I will release a SFX file ASAP... hopefully on monday. I just asked the guy who made the Metroid demo (PolygonX8) to help me, so expect the SFX file to sound good.

And Zeldafan, you still don't have the whistle? You could have gotten it during your stay at the Iso Dome. Just go in to the small part of the dome at the "fence maze".
    --------------------
    "GET a stable version, THEN add more with the builds, DON'T just keep adding bloat to something that doesn't work already.
    Has common sense just left the building, or what?" -Freedom

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.43%

I figured out how to progress in the factory now. I had to hit a switch that was across the pool.

Since I've been gone from ZC for a while, I guess I've somewhat forgotten some of the features and cool stuff you can do in a quest. That switch had confused me for some time, before I realized what I had to do and started thinking how simple it was and that I should have figured it out a little sooner.

I'm progressing in Level 6 quite nicely. Good job, I played it nonstop yesterday and got very far. Level 6 was the last place I stopped at in the regular quest. Let's hope I finish the game this time. :)

P.S. Yes, I have the whistle now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.72%

Uh... yeah, you're in the factory already! I forgot to help you, but fortunately you found out what to do by yourself. In my opinion the Facory is the toughest level in the game (if you don't count the last place). If you beat the factory, I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to beat the whole game.

Oh and when you people play MMDWR, don't think about stuff that ZC can't do because there is a possibility it can do it! MMDWR takes everything out of the ZC engine, so you should try to play the quest like you play any game.
    --------------------
    "GET a stable version, THEN add more with the builds, DON'T just keep adding bloat to something that doesn't work already.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.65%

cheers petoe! I look forward to playing your quest once i get some free time to do so. looks great. I played the original last summer (didn't make it too far), but i look forward to starting fresh. Hope to see that sfx.dat as well. anyway, take it easy.
    falou
    -manny
    vi skaaler for vore venner og dem som vi kender, og dem som vi ikke kender, demskaaler vi for! og min pik er stor!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.72%

This time you probably will get much further, Manny. At least you're giving the quest another chance now that it is heavily improved.

And now is a quite busy time for people, isn't it? People are busy with school and stuff, but soon people will have time to play quests so I have to get prepared. The SFX.dat is almost finished and the MMDWR DC website is starting to look pretty good as well.

I hope some of the testers of this quest will be able to help help-seeking people because I'm almost sure that soon we'll be seeing many people stuck in the quest and asking help...
    --------------------

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.48%

Well Pete, you know I would like to help but I am not able to do much.

I hope you get that sfx released today so that people dont have to wait any longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.72%

I wanted to release the sfx.dat tonight, but I'm just not happy with it. So I'm gonna continue working on it so that I can get a really good sounding file released tomorrow instead of the mediocre one I currently have here...

Hmm, where is DFW? I miss her angry comments...
    --------------------

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.43%

Yo, I finally finished Level 6!

I also went to MegaZone and tried out the challenge, unfortunately, I was doing really good, and then a glitch halts my progress. The site I'm providing these screenies from doesn't support off-site linking, so you will have to copy and paste in your browser.

The Part I was in before the glitch happened. (Messed up graphics, but still the room I was in.

http://spesite.netfirms.com/before.bmp

After defeating the enemies there, I ended up in this screen.

http://spesite.netfirms.com/after.bmp

Yeah, I was a little disappointed for getting far, and then getting nothing in return, but I'm sure this bug can be easily squashed.

Having a good time, at an area of the quest I haven't been at yet, and am currently searching for Level 7. These new super bombs oughta really help me out.

Now, back to the quest!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.72%

Oh, that's an annoying bug! Thanks for reporting it. Some of the floor is buggy so that it warps you to the corner. If you stand near the stairs when killing those bats, you should warp correctly to the next screen. But I guess that needs fixing, and if any more bugs are found, I'll make a small update.

About level 7, it's hard to find, but now that you have the super bombs...

EDIT: All right people, the SFX file for MMDWR is now finished and downloadable at the MMDWR website here: http://www.freewebs.com/finnishflesh/index.htm

The file is pretty big, and to be honest, I don't think it's necessary to download these SFX sounds. However, if you want a more MegaMan-ish feeling to the game, then you simply have to play the quest with MMDWR sfx.
    --------------------

Thread Information