Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    97.21%

Re: Calling All Tutorials

Go to the top where is says "Downloads". D-l one of the ZC. That's all. 2 new icons will pop up on your screen. Click on Z... something, not Zelda Classic. Also, fallow the tutorial. Go to "Tutorial" at the top, click on the link, and there ya go. It's realy good, if I do say so myself.
    Go for it . You'll have fun. Making your own, unique, Zelda game for people to play. You put in everything you want in a Zelda game. Make it as hard or as easy as you want. That's the fun of it.

naruto

i can translate some thing to spanish i was born in el salvador and lived there until i was 9

gggaa

Aren't these tutorials a little out of date?

picoriray

use google translator or somthing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    53.28%

Cool Re: Calling All Tutorials

Can I just type it here?

MAKING ANIMATED COMBOS
    1. Okay, let's make a growing-up bush. It's easy to do, first off go to Quest > Tiles.
    2. Go to a spot with 5+ empty tiles IN A ROW.
    3. Draw the first one as a cut down bush, the second one a mini bush, the third one a lil bigger, fourth one almost as big as possible, and the fifth must be same as the bush you just cut down (use copy and paste)
    4. Go to Quest > Graphics > Combos and search an empty tile.
    5. Doubleclick it and change the combo to the first combo in the row we just made.
    6. Then set animation frames - how many tiles your animation has, in this situatÃ*on it's that 5+.
    7. Set animation speed. The smaller the faster, the bigger the slower.
    (8. Set it as an undercombo )
    Also if you want the combo to cycle, meaning it will start over and over again, like rain, set the "Next" combo as the first combo in "the row".

MAKING LAYERS
    1. If you have an overworld map (in this situation, Hyrule), make another map and name it "Hyrule Layers"
    2. Go to Hyrule. Open up Data > Layers. Click on the first "auto" and type in the DMap number of "Hyrule Layers".
    3. Now when the layers are set, you need to take advantage of them. Let's say you have a part of a tree with black background or bright pink. The layers will appear in the pink/black part.
    4. Scroll the low-side bar until you come up with a bar saying "Layers".
    5. Have all the SQUARES checked all the time. ALL THE TIME. Check the CIRCLE below "0". Now put in a tree tile.
    NOTE: 0 is the overworld combo, 1 is the layermap combo! In other words, 0 draws over, 1 draws under. To write under layer 1, you must
    6. Now check the "1" CIRCLE. Then pick a grass tile. Draw it to the same place as the tree tile. DONE! There's grass behind the tree.
    THE LAYER WILL NOT WORK IF THE BACKGROUND OF THE TREE IS NOT BLACK OR BRIGHT PINK. If it is black, and still won't work, go to Graphics > Tiles and edit the tree combo so that the background will be a color with a white "X" on it. THEN it will work.

HOW TO MAKE LINK APPEAR BEHIND SOMETHING
    Just right-click the tile and select edit. Then just change the combo type to "overhead".
    If you drawed the tree tÃ*les to the layermap, and the grass tiles to the overworld map, LINK WILL APPEAR OVER THE TREE. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.

MAKING TREASURE CHESTS WITH ITEMS INSIDE

Making treasure chests - recent betas.
    1. Make 2 combos looking like closed chests (each different color, I prefer the other one darker).
    2. Make 2 combos looking like opened chests (each different color, I prefer the other one darker).
    3. Set 1 closed treasure chest as "Treasure Chest", and the other one "Treasure Chest, Locked".
    4. Have the opened chest tiles as none, because they're only undercombos.
    5. Give the closed chests flag #10, Armos -> Item.
    6. Place the chest on the screen, and set the room type as special item. Special item in this situation can be the map.
    7. Set the opened chest tile as the undercombo.
    If you have layers on the map, be sure to place the chest on the overworld map, not the layermap.
    Sometimes this doesn't even work with a layermap.

Making OPEN treasure chests - version 2.10 and down.
    1. Make a treasure chest combo and an opened treasure chest combo.
    2. Set a chest combo type "Slash" or "Slash > Item".
    3. Put the flag #10, armos -> item on the combo after placing it on the screen.
    4. Set room type as special item and set the special item.
    5. Set undercombo as the opened chest.
    REMEMBER TO PLACE ALL TILES TO THE OVERWORLD MAP, NOT LAYERMAP!!!!!

Making LOCKED treasure chests - version 2.10 and down.
    1. Make a treasure chest combo and an opened treasure chest combo.
    2. Set the combo type as "Lock Block" or "Boss Lock Block" if you want it to be opened with a bosskey.
    3. Set the flag #10, armos -> item on the combo after placing it on the screen.
    4. Set room type as special item and set the special item.
    5. Set the undercombo as an opened treasure chest.
    REMEMBER TO PLACE ALL TILES TO THE OVERWORLD MAP, NOT LAYERMAP!!!!!

MAKING SIDE WARPS
    Side warps are used when Link exits the screen by walking to the edge.
    MULTIPLE WARPS A, B, C, AND D ARE ONLY IN THE RECENT BETAS.
    In the recent betas you can open the A, B, C and D tabs to make multiple warps.
    1. Open Data > Side warp.
    2. Put in the warp type.
    3. Put in the DMap where Link must teleport.
    4. Put in the screen where Link appears on the other map.
    5. Color one of the 4 boxes to tell towards which edge Link must walk to teleport (the letter is needed to tell which teleport point Link will teleport, A, B, C or D).
    Click "Go" to test your teleport. Sometimes ZQuest does counting mistakes so you must warp some screens to the left.
    Also you must put the blue "A" "B" "C" or "D" square from the low-sidebar to tell which spot on the screen Link will appear (preferably bottom).

MAKING TILE WARPS
    Tile warps are used when Link enters a combo with a combo type "Warp", "Cave", "Stairs" or something similar.
    Multiple tile warps in recent betas are very useful, you can make houses with
    2 sides with a wall in the center.
    In the recent betas you can open the A, B, C and D tabs to make multiple warps.
    1. Open Data > Tile Warp.
    Put in the steps 2, 3, and 4 from the Side Warp tut.
    You must put the blue "A" "B" "C" or "D" square from the low-sidebar to tell which spot on the screen Link will appear (preferably bottom), in this warp, too.

Well I just resized the text a BIT...

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.83%

So, is this still going to happen? Cuz, it's kinda late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.22%

I have a couple of tutorials.

They are here: http://www.savefile.com/projects/808478759

one is a list of ZC items and the other is on changing the triforce in subscreens
    Hmm... Nothing to say here, so I won't. Apart from that.

Thread Information