5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.29%

Re: Post screenshots of your quests here.

I came by briefly to mention how amazing Windstrike's images are. If the rest of the quest is as good as that, it will definitely be one I'll be looking forward to.
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.72%

Yeah well... problem is, it's gonna take me a WHILE before I actually manage to pull everything else up to that level of graphics or higher. Here's my current problems:
    -1) Somewhat ok at winter areas
    -2) Need to work with forests a lot more before I can rate myself there
    -3) Still a rookie at the system, so my skills may be a bit of a dissapointment... but I am learning from my sources!... slowly.
    -4) Dungeons... - Need to plan/design them better next time (Level 1 will probably end up getting a revision)
    -5) Caves... I have no exp. with them, whatsoever (Considering the huge cave network in my quest, that's a problem... major problem)

So... don't look forward to it until after I release a demo (Sweet overworld in your sig, DFW... even though it's just in the sig). But guess what... I'm still in Michigan, and I didn't bring the quest to work on it. So I gotta wait til' Sunday before I can work on it again. Therefore... I'm not here. Period. So... end of story.

Oh, and thanks for the compliments/comments/suggestions everyone (Then again, I have done like, 2 or 3 revisions on that starting town... good thing I change the upper half into a town from a wetlands).
    (By the way, I like the shoreline-like trees in the topleft... so I'm keeping them)
    Creator of ZURPG, a Zelda game that's influenced by D&D and JRPGs to bring together a unique gameplay system combined with roleplaying.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    72.61%

...so I suppose my quest isn't even good enough to even mention, because the other quest is SO much better than mine, and mine is a pethetic pile of c*** that is an insult to zelda. Windstrike must be the best quest maker ever, while I am the worst.
    Please sign up to my ZC site!Domain 14
    C'mon, wont anyone come? I even got all of this fancy Html java stuff! Theres a chatbox, scrolling text at the top, the works!

And on side note, luigi is in super mario 64!L is real 2031

Wanna see my pacman flash movie? click here!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.98%

Quote Originally Posted by zeldafan500
    ...so I suppose my quest isn't even good enough to even mention, because the other quest is SO much better than mine, and mine is a pethetic pile of c*** that is an insult to zelda. Windstrike must be the best quest maker ever, while I am the worst.
    Don't read into the post like that. You have to play some of DFW's quests to understand why she has complimented WindStrike. Download and play Hidden Duality or Island of the Winds. You can also see the screen shots in this thread from DFW too and they are very similar in style to WindStrike's.

You just need more experience with ZQuest to see what it can do. I am in the same boat myself. There is A LOT I still have to learn about designing a quest and overworld layout. Have patience and look at these quests to see what you can do.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.71%

If you want to get respect around here, I highly suggest you don't take everything so seriously and aggressive when someone doesn't respond to you. Your screens are lacking alot.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.29%

Well, now that you have drawn attention to your quest pics, I shall take my time to review them. The real reason I didn't respond to yours Zeldafan500, is because since I am at BOTraining, when I do have time to get online, I just glance through the screenshots, if yours is embedded in clickable links within the post itself, I am most likely going to pass over them, because I have so little time to read into many posts to realize that there are screenshots embedded in the text.
    Now your first and second screenshots with the Wing Cap from Mario 64. I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to do there, make a big open sky area or whatnot. But the detail is quite lacking and you might want to fill in the edges a bit to give a bit more definition and screen 'closure' to better identify the open sky space. Make it feel like you're high up in the air. Right now, I'm not feeling that. Your last screenshot is a bit dull. The supposed 'castle' at the north end is very undetailed and is basically made up of the same tile over and over again minus the entrance, which could very well stand alone as a seperate structure. (as it was intended) The water needs to be changed, but I could be wrong since I haven't seen it in 'motion' (if it does indeed combo cycle). And add some trees or a layered overhang gate over the entrance to that bridge, maybe with some shadows. Anything to liven up the bottom half. Maybe put some rocks jutting up from the water.
    Just a few suggestions. Don't take all these comments personally, everyone who starts with Zquest isn't expected to do good their first few quests. My god, look at my first few quests: Wolfstyle and Fallen One. When I look back on those quests, I realize just how much I truly 'sucked' at quest making. But I kept at it and I was able to learn and grow as a quester and make great quests. Keep at it.
    Now that I've sufficient spent a lot of time typing, I need to get off and back to studying. Hope this helped you.
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    72.61%

How's this for the castle? http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k2...i/zelda006.jpg I put a hidden message in the grass! :-)
    Please sign up to my ZC site!Domain 14
    C'mon, wont anyone come? I even got all of this fancy Html java stuff! Theres a chatbox, scrolling text at the top, the works!

And on side note, luigi is in super mario 64!L is real 2031

Wanna see my pacman flash movie? click here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.92%

well ill give u my honest opinion it looks great but it isnt the best i have ever seen

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.39%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

You have to say why, bluedeath. Otherwise, why bother posting. People are looking for critique, not result-less judgements.

ZF500, the screenshot is "effective" in that it conveys the mood of a large castle with waves crashing (nearly) against it, but it lacks that "oomph" by being constrained to the Newfirst tileset, which doesn't really have all that much going for it. You could have lightning bolts in the distance. You could have a dark forest on either lower side, opening up to reveal a craggly road to the castle. You could have a thick stone bridge leading up to a towering arch. You could have large, bricky castle walls. ... With GARGOYLES!

But alas. =/

If you need resources, check the DoR set at www.purezc.com - They have quite a bit of supplies, but you'll probably need to recolor them to the Newfirst set.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.71%

How's this for the castle? http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k2...i/zelda006.jpg I put a hidden message in the grass! :-)
    You sound like a 12 year old with that message
    I would switch to a different tileset if I were you. Newfirst sucks balls.

Thread Information