0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9%

Re: Post screenshots of your quests here.

Those curved trees aren't DFW's, they're from the graveyard in Oracle of Seasons.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.16%

Are they really? I don't remember them... nor do I remember a graveyard in OoS. I need to play through that again.
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.32%

There was a graveyard in OoA, I know that. It's where Syrup's place was. I think there was one in OoS also.

Okay, I just checked. Yeah, but it was small, and not very important, and for that matter, very hard to get to. I mean, why on earth would the people build the graveyard in an area with no bridge to it and a giant cliff in the way?

&&
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9%

such a let down, all of the rest of zelda is really realistic :p

but that is where they're from though, I ripped some for my quest from there - although I saw them in IoTW and thought they looked good before realising that was where they were from.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.16%

Well would you look at that. I never noticed it.

WindStrike! Where are you? :)
    My quests:
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    62.09%

Oh, just wondering how I can make this shot look a little more magical:

It's part of the "Magic Forest"... but somehow, it doesn't look all too magical to me. That, and I'm thinking I should tone the colors and variety of trees down a bit. It's already got that fairy stuff over it... though it's a bit transparent. As for that tree, I'll obtain it later.

EDIT: Also, you might want to stop the side conversations and get back to the screenshots.
    Creator of ZURPG, a Zelda game that's influenced by D&D and JRPGs to bring together a unique gameplay system combined with roleplaying.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.82%

Maybe try to add some sort of sparkly effects on the upper layers. Or a change the ground color. Or beams of sunshine appearing to be breaking out a not seen canopy of trees.

This is posted from the stuff you have been working on but it applies here also because it's a screen from my quest.

Here is a pic from my first almost done custom boss. Tiles are 100% custom drawn by me and I have animated it a little but am having trouble animating the tail and arms. Tips and/or help is greatly appreciated. Tips can be about the sprites or about the actually fight too. I wanted to show you the whole picture but I don't want anyone to steal it so I watermarked it. I will be releasing these tiles to PureZC after the quest I'm working on is complete.

Anymore boss ideas would be welcome as well and I am currently working on a couple of ideas. It's kinda hard to figure out what I want to do with bosses and what they should be creature wise as well.

Also here are some pics of the island I'm planning on making the level on for that boss.

If anyone has better destroyed/deserted house tiles please inform me because I have looked and have found none. I've looked for aLttP darkworld houses tilesheets hoping to find some but did not.

Creator of:

INFO | VIDEOS | PICS | YOUTUBE

~Less is More~

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.16%

I would love to help you guys, but my aesthetic skills are lacking. You could easily tell by these screens of my mountain. They go from moderately interesting...

...to crap...

...to crappier...

This is a zoomed out view of the entire mountain:

As I play through the mountain, I tend to fall asleep. Drool doesn't work too well when it's in the keyboard. I was wondering how to make the mountain any more exciting. I was thinking about taking the Twilight Princess approach and add little steam vents in a few shots. Any suggestions would be fully appreciated. (I plan to make that layer of cloud that goes all the way around symmetrical.)
    My quests:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.82%

Try to maybe add a lake at the top with waterfalls flowing down. Maybe have detailed clouds with different weather in different places on the mountain. Maybe have a series of caves. Otherwise try looking around for mountain tiles that could add more detail to the screens. Or try making some on your own.
    Creator of:

INFO | VIDEOS | PICS | YOUTUBE

~Less is More~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.47%

Quote Originally Posted by WindStrike View Post
    Oh, just wondering how I can make this shot look a little more magical:

It's part of the "Magic Forest"... but somehow, it doesn't look all too magical to me. That, and I'm thinking I should tone the colors and variety of trees down a bit. It's already got that fairy stuff over it... though it's a bit transparent. As for that tree, I'll obtain it later.
    1. Try making that "fairy stuff" not transparent. It works better that way.

2. Make an overlay of some kind of brush over the top of everything, but don't use the LttP ones. Instead, use these:

Wow... those turned out terrible as DoR colorings. Here's the original, if you think you can do something better:

3. It's a magic forest, right? Is it suppossed to be night? I would think a magical forest would be really bright and shiny, wouldn't you?

4. More with the bright and shiny stuff... How about you add in some light effects? The light effects Minish Woods uses from TMC would be nice, lemme get it...

On second thought, you can grab that one on your own, right?

5. Try adding some glitter effects. You can do this too, right? Put it on layer 6, above everything else.

6. It's a magic forest, so it should have fairies, right? Use the power of FFCs to make the occasional fairy fly by, or something.

7. Why stop at just fairies? Try ripping the Celebi, Jirachi, and Mew sprites from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and add them to the mix.

8. What about a MIDI for this area? It should be nice and glittery... Try the Star Heaven music from Paper Mario.

9. Continuing on the animals... Try birds! And squirrels... I love squirrels...

And I think that's as "magical" as we are gonna get it...

Thread Information