1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.98%

Re: Post screenshots of your quests here.

Yay sig image

Cave tiles.

Just a palette experiment

And now for some random Classic stuffz.

I can't save Zelda as I am SCARED OF TEH DARKNEZZ!!!

*can't resist* WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA!? *gets shot*

Welcome to the golden kingdom. You have to buy something to pass. Good luck.

I know there are huge gaps in the detail, but it was in the corners of screens and I didn't notice until I made the thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.84%

I really like the big map if the town. Lots of stuff to look at, and alot of eye candy! :) Very well done!

EDIT: Oops, my bad. Sorry about the topic kick...
    -This signature lacks something interesting.-

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.77%

Aurgh! I have recently started a quest based on Stephen Kings:The Gunslinger book, But I am BRAND new at this program, so All Ive done is made a small desert, given link a Cowboy hat and changed the Bow and Arrow to a revolver and a bullet. I really dont know how to ditch the NES stile sprites and make it more colorful, but thats what Im trying to figure out.

I would have a screen shot, but when I take one, the Image is all pink and black. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52%

I have a semi-new screenshot from my quest here. I think it kind of speaks for itself.

http://filespace.org/Beta_Link/title.gif
    Yay for custom title screens! :googly:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.14%

Adventure of Link: A Boy and His Shadow

Here are some screenies of my first quest entitled "Adventure of Link: A Boy and His Shadow"! About 10% done with 3 full dungeons so far. Don't mind the amount of heart containers and items I was using at the time of these screens; used solely for the purpose of getting these up here! Look for a 4 level demo coming soon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.41%

Holy crap! Those're some pretty cool screenshots there...
    Can't suggest anything to the first two shots (except that they look a little TOO green)...
    The lava in the Molten Mire shot looks quite spiffy and very fitting. My only problem is the lack of detailing on the ground... mayhaps a few more shattered rocks here and there? Also, is Link wearing sunglasses? Nice new enemy tiles...
    Kewl conversion of Gleeok...
    Ok, your fifth shot here. The perspective here just looks plain... off. I can't think of a way to fix it, but I'd suggest putting a layer of transparent water over that water, so that it looks more like Link is actually underwater.
    Sixth - great shot and nothing else to say.
    Another Molten Mire shot... cool and complex, I say, wot wot! But again, a little bit of ground detail.
    Ah... interesting house set-up. But you seriously need to change that door - right now, it looks like a hole more than an entrance.
    Ninth - Ok, THAT'S just an awesome shot period. Nothing else to possibly cha- actually, look at the bottom with the line of pure green grass. That's a little... bland. Otherwise, fantabulous job!
    Opening screen - ... same thing with the Molten Mire shots regarding the ground. Aside from that, tis a good job for an intro screen.

... looks like a quest that I'd REALLY want to play... like, right now. Yet you're only however much percent done... blargh. Ah well, as ya say, level 4 demo comin' pretty soon - lookin' forward to that one!

Testing some cave tiles for my quest, The Alternate Hyrule (TAH). It's pretty much the caves from the Adventure Tileset (MC?) recolored and altered a bit. Thing is, there's a lot of stuff I don't have, which explains the lack of detailing. So, without further ado, 'ere's 4 linked shots:

Here's what I'm using (I also have the doors, but I just haven't set them to combos yet):

So if you'll compare that to those shots, you'll notice that I'm layering on the walls. Any comments, other than the facts that I really need stairs, definitely a better waterfall, diagonal walls would be nice, and maybe some lower walls. Detailing stuff would go after that (I'll ask later for this stuff in Dev. Exchange).

EDIT: Oops, forgot ter mention - I'm using DoR. I just don't like the LttP cave tiles for building a cave...
    Creator of ZURPG, a Zelda game that's influenced by D&D and JRPGs to bring together a unique gameplay system combined with roleplaying.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.92%

I really like those caves! They are nice and detailed. But, how are you supposed to get to that Heart Piece?

Ah, what the heck. I might as well post some screenies of Link to the Heavens.

Dang. Surrounded.

Ooh... what's that?

This would be a lot easier if my items weren't disabled...

You're... eating... me....

Hot! Oo- ow- it's hot in here!

I spy with my little eye... something that rhymes with "Tart Niece."

That looks painful.

Yup.

Now how am I supposed to cross?

Yes, as a matter of fact they are.

Captions make everything better.
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.41%

Woah... where'd you get those curved dead trees in the first shot? Those look really nice...

Anyhow, the way the lava interacts with the rest of the shot... well, it doesn't. I mean, it needs like, an added lighting effect. Then it'd fit together really well. Aside from that, tis looks great.
    Second shot - I know it's supposed to be a desert, but aside from the trees, it does look a little bland.
    Third - Custom enemies? Designed to act like LttP ones? ... I dunno. But still an interesting shot.
    Fourth - I swear I've seen that same shot from IotW Level 2... ah well, still fair enough.
    Fifth - Ok, again, lighting effects. Also, that veil of darkness due to the heat should really only cover over the land, so that if the lighting effects of the lava were added, it'd REALLY look... awesome. Twould burn everything else so much (I am not intending a double meaning).
    Sixth - Your standard winter shot. Great when playing ingame! - twould never pass for SotW though. I shall say no more...
    Seventh/Eighth - Black Mage: Ow... agony...
    Ninth - Dude, that's evil!
    Tenth - Sucks for the NPCs! They gotta sit there 24-7 while the fish just keeps taunting them. Nice. (Screen could use extra detailing, methinks... but tis good enough).

And that makes two quests that I really want to play, except that one of them is nearing completion. Woot!

How to get to that HP, you ask? Ehh... well, because I don't have stairs yet... it really is hard to tell. But you're suppose to come in from the left. Something like that...
    *Wind DESPERATELY needs a better waterfall.*
    One for overworld and caves. The current one is just uhh... overused and kinda boring.
    Creator of ZURPG, a Zelda game that's influenced by D&D and JRPGs to bring together a unique gameplay system combined with roleplaying.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.92%

Yeah, you're completely correct about the lack of detail. I planned on going over the entire game and adding things in, like maybe pond scum, rocks, etc. But since my spring vacation is coming up, I'll be able to finish Level 9! And this quest is for v2.10, so those aren't custom enemies in screen 3. They are just Fires. But it isn't as easy as it looks to kill them.

You mentioned lighting effects? Like how? That sounds interesting. [edit] If I would make that red layer only over the land, it wouldn't look right when enemies move from over the land to over the lava.[/edit]

About the curved trees... Yeah, those are directly from IotW.... I still need to ask permission from Wolfie if I can use those. You might notice that this quest looks a lot like IotW (as noted in your comment on screen 4 :p ), and yes, I agree. IotW was my inspiration (and was also the quest I played directly before building LttH, heh). I need to put that in my credits...

I suppose that makes sense that you can't get the Heart Piece yet, then!
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.14%

Wow! Thanks for all the kudos on my stuff man! The first two shots are mock ups... all the green was to contrast the colors so I could show off my Octobombs, Octofires, and Octofrosts! Sorry, I'm a little obsessed with Octoroks, look for a complete themed dungeon for them in the finished version! I also fixed ALL the screens posted pretty much right after I posted them. Thank you for suggesting the water layers! I would have never thought of that, that's going in right away! I agree with you on Molten Mire's lack of floor detail, but I only have like 4 screens of that dungeon done so far. I haven't had the time to do it since I completely redid my first dungeon! The title screen is also a mock up, I did that in Photoshop. It'll be a lot spiffier than that later! If you, or anyone else wants to help me out, you can IM me on MSN Messenger or email me! I would like to have someone check out my demo so far and give much critisism!

MSN: [email protected]
    Yahoo! Mail and Messenger: [email protected]

p.s. No, Link doesn't wear sunglasses in this... sorry!

Thread Information