16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.89%

Re: Post screenshots of your quests here.

Look up FF games for the good old NES and you will learn some new and wonderful things.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    72.37%

ok... is it for the NES in america or is it only on the GBA remake?
    Please sign up to my ZC site!Domain 14
    C'mon, wont anyone come? I even got all of this fancy Html java stuff! Theres a chatbox, scrolling text at the top, the works!

And on side note, luigi is in super mario 64!L is real 2031

Wanna see my pacman flash movie? click here!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.89%

Final Fantasy I and II were released in the US on the NES back in the day. Final Fantasy III (as Japan knows it) was not released in the US at all and that is why it was completely redone and it will be released for the DS on 11/14. Some of the other FF games have been re-released on the GBA so that players can experience them again - or for the first time for some of you youngins.

Ultimate Prankster Lucario QDB Manager
    Just registered
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.92%

Anyone remember my last demo of Realm of Mirrors? No? That's probably because I only posted it at PureZC. Same with Nayru's Quest (tentative title) and... My Metroid quest, Metroid: The Chozo Prophecy. Ooh, nice. Anyways, screens!

The Miniboss of the Phazon Frigate on Metroid: The Chozo Prophecy. Lots of Pirates!

Boss 1 of... LINK THE MAGICIAN!! Yes, it's back! Yay! Anyways, Bosses in that quest play the Boss music from Sonic Advance 3. :)

...And here it is, a new screen of The Legend of Zelda: The Realm of Mirrors! Arboria Forest is the location shown here. To the left is...

...Arboria Villiage! Check out my custom subscreen! It really IS custom- 100% Custom Graphics all down the line on that Subscreen (minus text (duh) and items), so look out! By the way, that's a redone overworld. You won't recognize a single area in this quest, and I'm redoing all the dungeons I've worked on so far, except Level 2- Revfan from PureZC (the same one as here, but he said it on PureZC) says it's my best dungeon in the quest. Level 2 remains such a good dungeon. I tried making it as long and hard as I could for a Level-2 dungeon, so... Oops, going off-topic. Anyways, this quest deserves more than one screen here. :)

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.83%

Realm of Mirrors looks really impressive. Custom Subscreen stuff, eh? I could go for some of that in FFAS...

As for FFAS, I wanna try to make it more like FF1 and 3 combined. The fact that you're a RedMage throughout the entire game means that you can only get RedMage-equipable swords, so there will be shops that sell other swords, that you simply cannot buy. Period.

As for how far am I done? Well, Overworld is going to be atleast 1 full Map. Considering that the Overworld is FF style, and not Zelda style, it will be few and far between towns/caves/castles, etc. So I wish to make up for that with larger, more diverse towns and castles. Those will obviously take longer to make than...regular?...ones.

Also, has anyone else ever created an FF-esque quest before? I thought Plith did...

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.18%

<- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.94%

There is not much to look at in those shots. Also, I find the dungeon shots are too square. I would change the general shape of the rooms. The one of Hyrule Castle could benifit from some floor borders. The title screen is good. My only suggestion there would be to make it less symetrical, and add some variety of flowers and trees, and to add some detail to the ground.
    That's just my opinion though.
    Shots from LoR 2: Mistress of the Wind.

They are somewhat old, so when I get the chance, I'l show some more recent stuff.
    -This signature lacks something interesting.-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.05%

Heh... Never shown screens here on AGN before, but you've seen these all on PureZC.

Not from a quest, but from a TotR tileset I am working on.

Obviously, I need to add more floor details.

Same with Town objects, and I also need to learn how to use the town graphics to make good screens, as this one blatantly sucks.

I also need to organize the combo list more...

(This one hasn't been shown on PZC yet) Enemies started! Yay! I sortof fudged these, as I cannot formally start on enemies until Big Enemies are somehow possible.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    74.05%

This is my first time posting screenshots, but I have been reading all the posts from this thread so they should show.

Here are screenshots from my "first" quest:

These shots are from the same screen location in four elementally based overworlds. As for the dungeons:

They are quite varied. Note that these shots are with "uber link". In the actual quest, Link is not supposed to be that strong at those points in the game.

Anyway, if you have any interest about this quest, it's called Hero Of Elements (and I checked, this name is unused as a quest name).

P.S. Heres hoping I don't have to edit this post because the scrennshots didn't work.
    Programmings my game because I program games.
    "Wait. You lost me at the part about the 'almost certain death'." - A quote I would love to make in an MMORPG.
    Disclaimer: Din's Fire does not make the user immune to the effects of lava. Do not use Din's Fire in mid-jump over a pool of lava. Death and severe burns will follow.

ZCG Current Version:
    Version 0.05
    For Mac Build 1076 Windows Build 1082

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.08%

Thread Information