Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.52%

The Forum Quest of Eternia

Take it seriously, don't kill anyone else's character, try to use proper grammar and have fun!

It was a day like any other, and the locals were all busy getting drunk in the tavern as usual. There was nothing to suggest that today would be any different then the last. At least, until he stumbled in through the doors. Arrows stuck in his back, blood all across his chest, he barely managed to moan the word "Ambush" before collapsing on the floor, his sword clattering to his side. The tavern went silent.
    AGN's resident Doctor Who, Star Wars and Torchwood fan

Current life projects: Survive job, stay awake, write stuff, find new job. Not in that order.

Hey, I do online reviews now! Check out my site to see the latest videos.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.45%

Re: The Forum Quest of Eternia

"Randall!" A young barmaid came running up to him, a look of concern on her face. "Someone help him, please!" she cried. "Who would have done this?"
    Across the room, sitting in a dark corner, Sven watched the others, those not too drunk to function, help the girl carry Randall to a chair. Sven knew who had done this. It was the raiders from the moutain caves, but, since when were they so daring as to create an amush on a Royal Guardsman? Something had changed. Sven gathered his things and began to walk out.
    Bender's favorite music video:
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/28805

Resident Evil: Redemption- .01% complete

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Marsden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.52%

As Sven left, one of the men who had carried Randall examined his injuries. He stepped back and sighed. "I can heal him," he said, "but it will take some effort. Kindly grant me space to work."

Slowly the crowd which had gathered moved back, leaving a small ring around the two men. The man took a dep breath, held his arms out towards Randall and starting whispering in a strange language. A bright light started to shine from his hands, and Randall's body lifted into the air, surrounded by white.

Before anyone could react, the light burst out, blinding everyone, and then it was gone. It took a moment for the people's sight to return, but when it did, they saw that Randall had not a scratch left upon him. The barmaid rushed forward and threw her arms around him, tears in her eyes as she did so. The man who had healed him stood still for a moment, before stumbling outside, visibly weakened by the effort.

Current life projects: Survive job, stay awake, write stuff, find new job. Not in that order.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.45%

There was light, a blinding white corona at the edge of vision, and a feeling of weightlessness. He knew he had been hurt, badly hurt, but he now felt nothing.

Then everything seemed to explode, but there was no noise! Randall felt a tremendous wave of energy surge through his body, and he leapt to his feet, marvelling at how good he felt. His shoulder, which had been throbbing in pain from the twist, now felt as strong as any of his muscles.

He saw Becka running toward him, and part of him rejoiced. But his mind was searching for the connection he had briefly felt, a connection to a mind of great intelligence and power. He scanned the room, looking for a face that would match his vision of that other presence...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.52%

The man stumbled outside, confused at what had just happened. In all his years, he had never linked with another person in such a manner! In his dazed state, he wandered into the street, not noticing the warrior who stood before him. Bashing into him, he fell to the ground, lapsing into unconsciousness as he did so.

The warrior turned and looked down at the figure beneath him. His dark-coloured clothing and white hair did little to identify his status. For some reason though, he felt an overwhelming urge to help him. Despite his better judgement, he knelt down and flung the man over his shoulder. Although he knew some magic, it was limited at best. There was a healer not far from here - perhaps he would know what to do.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.45%

Stupid woman, Sven thought as he muttered a curse. Becka would always tell him how wonderful he was, how much she enjoyed their nights together, but whenever Randall was around, she insisted they keep away from each other. No big deal, Sven had a few girls on the side, but Becka was his favorite.

He found himself at the base of the mountains without knowing he had arrived, and he heard a faint humming that seemed to come from the rock itself! "Strange," he remarked, "I have a funny feeling about this." He wondered what could be making the noise; it sounded as if it came from deep inside the mountain.

He looked over his weapons. He had two long daggers, a crossbow, and some regular and poison-tipped arrows. He was usually given a non-threatining, if unfriendly, welcome in the raiders' cavern, probably because they knew he was a fierce and merciless fighter. He tried to move around the kingdom as discreetly as he could, but occasionally a young warrior who knew of Sven's reputation would find and challenge him. He had left the last one in 4 bloody chunks.

But something told him that this time there would be no welcome. There was evil magic behind the morning's ambush, magic, he could sense, which dwelt inside the mountain.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.05%

Meanwhile on the other side of the mountain, Janus was in his daily meditation. "I haveth caused enough pain on this mortal world, it is far time for me to go now. I should have done this along time ago!" he said, reaching for a knife, "NO! I ... can't..." he muttered again. "You fool! You could have ended all the pain and misery of the world at that very second! WIth you gone, there would be nothing left in the way of the world's ressurection!" He yelled at himself, in such a manner that would scare small children to see. "The ice ages were my fault. The extinction of the dinosaurs were my fault. The creation of man was my fault. If I had not created this world with such flaws, then it would not be in such a rut it is now" He said, staring at this reflection in a pool of his own blood "I wonder, can I die? I wonder if I could, it would be a strange thing if I did. My soul holds the earth together, it would be such an unfortunate thing if I could not die? And create a new world in my afterlife?" He said again.

"Such a shame, I cannot leave this world to create a new one, nor can I destroy this one." He said. "But of course I cannot wonder: Is this world beyond saving?" he said, walking back to his hermit hut.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.52%

"I have done all I can for him. The rest is for the Gods to decide" said the healer in a heavy voice. The healings had cost the warrior a great deal of gold, and he had expected to see it repayed. No such luck. He moved to examine the man lying on the table before him, but the healer stopped him.

"He must rest. Leave him be."

The warrior looked to the healer, then thought otherwise. He walked over to the door. Opening it, he turned back to the healer. "Should he awaken, I will be in the Tavern. Ask for Kylock." And with that, he left.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.45%

Strange, the old healer thought. I had to use my powers twice on this poor lad. That means... Spirit Poison.

Of course! Someone had coated the arrows with spirit poison! NO. That meant the raiders were in league with... no, that was too horrible of an idea to entertain. If He was up in the mountains, everyone in the valley was doomed.

"Uuuuh." The young man they had called Randall moaned in his sleep. The old healer put a soft hand on Randall's brow. "Rest now, boy. Soon, you will need to fight. Gods, soon we all must fight."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.05%