User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: If you could make a video game with the snap of your fingers what would it be.

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    77.93%

Re: If you could make a video game with the snap of your fingers what would it be.

1. Mario Basketball
    2. My own "Mario Party" game (or something of that nature)
    3. A Super Smash Brothers Game
    4. A LoZ game or something of the sort
    --My favorite of these would probably have to be Mario Basketball (as discussed in another thread here actually)
    My Zquest Tutorial
    tutorial document

Working on a quest, I swear i'll finally finish one, one of these days!

--Overworld: 60% done
    --Dungeons: 0% done
    --Misc: 0% done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.77%

Re: If you could make a video game with the snap of your fingers what would it be.

Lunar 4

Ghaleon would come back to take over the world. YOU would play as him, the Evil Magic Emperor himself.

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.87%

I propose a game with two paddles on either side of the screen, and a ball that is hit back and forth...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.67%

Toolie and I came up with a game idea a long time ago that basically was about a group of N amount of people who crash landed on some planet. Your job was to develope a society from the survivor using the resource in the environment. Each initial person contributed knowledge from the past civilization. Knowledge is used to build things and create any object that might be useful. Everything in the evironment would have weight and properties as well as individual component that can be extracted. It gets a lot more in depth than that just so you know, but I'm not going to give a huge description. To tell you the truth not all things are fleshed out as of yet and aren't likely to be so in the near future. We haven't touched the project since early high school and are now in different colleges.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.34%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

I've always wanted a Zelda (Link, actually. :p ) game that combines a proper RPG with sidescrolling platforming elements. It would have the physics engine roughly of SSBM, with a few graphical improvements, (Kinda like Warcraft III's graphic stylings, particularly zooming and rotating the camera.) There would be all sorts of items, enemies, attacks, (Attacks particularly.) and some kickarse music.

You could speak to people, flip levers, and do other actions with the A button, (BTW, this is all on the GCN, of course.) do various sword combos with B and a direction, use whatever item you have selected with Y, and jump with X. Holding in R would rotate the camera in any direction you wish, and L activates a secondary item, such as the hookshot, or Iron Boots, or some other secondary item.

Items would be divided into two groups: Active, and passive. Active items would include items like the Bow, the Hammer, Nayru's Love, etc. Passive items are things that you can operate while also operating an active item. (Such as having your bow in your hand, readied, as well as your secondary item as well.) You can use your hookshot, or .. yeah, it doesn't matter. Any secondary item. Works fairly well. Z would use your shield. However, you probably cannot use a primary item in addition to your shield at the same time.

I'm not sure what the Keypad or the C-stick would do. I suppose you could kinda use the C-Stick to aim your primary item (Or hookshot. ) while you're moving around, kinda like Circle-Strafing, I suppose. (Which you CAN DO, because although it's a sidescroller, it's also a platformer, but in a 3D environment. Although you can't really fall off areas, there is a decent range of motion you can go to dodge attacks.) Oh, and you can also aim your shield using Z and the C-Stick.

I think that's a fairly good configuration for that. :) Of course, I haven't figured out any plot whatsoever. :p I just really like the concept of a sidescrolling Link! ^_^ (Much like AoL, I know, but.. more.. complex, and/or fun.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.43%

I know some of you prolly wanna brutaly smash my head in for this... but I always wondered about a 3D Symphony of the Night.

Before the hate-posts fly my way, I am very well aware that Castlevania wasn't meant for 3D, it was meant to be the greatest 2D series of all time, with Symphany being the greatest 2D game EVER... but I still wondered, what if Symphony became the greatest 3D game ever?

I know you all love Zelda... it'd be just like that. An enourmous Zelda temple with temples buried within it. I remember even drawing out maps how it would be if it was a 3D game. Or, I'd even come up with controller configurations, or how Alucard would wnader around in all four of his vampiric forms. His standard form would be the basic run-and-jump-and-slash guy... him turning into a wolf could work as Epona or something... him as a bat, possibly like Star Fox or Rogue Leader... and him turning into mist would be a turn-the-stick-this-way to roam freely (which sounds awesome in my opinion). As I came up with more ideas, I kept saying to myself... "what if?"

...it's just an idea, though. I'm prolly the only one crazy enough to actually attempt such a risky project (If I had the knowledge and supplies to do so).
    To Personify God Would Be A Blasphemous Affront To The Orderly Chaos Conceiving The Limitless Ensemble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.01%

I don't know, I've always talked about a more classic RPG. Something like FF6, but on a next gen system. DON"T make it 3-d. Keep it 2-d, maybe 2 and a half. Just imagine how long the came could be, 50 different classes, a crap load of side quests, hell, have just about anybody in the game possibly become a party member.
    He that is blind to the world around him, shall see no Evil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.55%

A perfectly balanced fighting game with bs roll cancels, overpowered characters, none of that. Where everyone will have a chance to win.

Daywalker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.28%

I would make a rpg, where you can go backward and forward through time. Only when you go backwards in time it be like in the movies, like you would visit places in Indiana Jones and King Arthur. If you went forward you'd be able to visit places in Star Wars and Planet of the Apes. Something along the lines of that.
    Winner of the Side Splitter award in the first Writing Contest

Thread Information