User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: If you could make a video game with the snap of your fingers what would it be.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.93%

If you could make a video game with the snap of your fingers what would it be.

Dilivery Boy.
    Play as Pizza boy.
    Diliver pizza to houses.
    Fight the hungry, homeless, & the criminal.
    Throw bread sticks at enemies.
    Collect pizza toppings for points.
    "Where you at!" Boost Mobile

Current Quest! Oceania. 1% Done

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    49.34%

Re: If you could make a video game with the snap of your fingers what would it be.

A true MMORPG, much like the one you see in .hack. You could do whatever you want, whenever you want with the same number of rules as you see in real life. Just a great, fun game that's completely free of the restraints that basically every other MMORPG has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.81%

Re: If you could make a video game with the snap of your fingers what would it be.

A game where you can go ANYWHERE in the world, I mean ANYWHERE. A satelite would scan the outside, and you would build your house anywhere. The LIFE game. So you could go anywhere you want to. Like Fable only 200 times better.
    'Zounds, ye whore! is black so base a hue?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    94.66%

A FPS that would actually be unique in design, while still staying true to what made FPSs enjoyable in the first place.

A more realistic one, like say, making the player have to duck to get any health packs that are on the groud(more realistic of course, as your feet don't magically get an item and use it). Of course, not all items would be on the ground. Or, having a briefing tell you about the level itself, and what would help you on your missions. Let's say the level briefing tells you about a temperature control panel in a few lab rooms. You happen to get into one of those on a mission, but someone locks the door behind you, and raises the temperature through an outside console. Now, to keep yourself from melting, you'd have to lower the temperature, using one of those consoles you just heard about in the briefing. See? Memory would serve you well if you actually happen to remember.

Not only would the level briefing tell you about the history and/or objectives, but it would also tell you about what you could experience in a level, hints on any possible secrets, and maybe locations of weapons or something. I always wanted elements of a game to come together, and be worth just as much as everything else, and I also want a moderate amount of content, not too much, but enough to last the player a long while, if they spend an hour or two a day on it(unfortunately, some people don't have much of a life). I have too many good game ideas, and I know the limits of dvevelopment. I think I might make good visionary.:p

I think I know what makes a game really enjoyable for most audiences, and if I could create a game with the snap of my fingers, I think we'll all be amazed, including myself.

I'm getting a feeling of Vuja De - where you know you've seen it before, but don't want to remember it.- Ganonator

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.55%

a first person shooter with the realistic nature of Doom3, but that includes a digital camera and whatever other necessities needed to easily recreate your place of employment.

Emphasis on the easy. Sure I could spend a few weeks recreating my store in a doom2 wad editor, but what would be the fun in playing it after all that time. Besides, i think at that point, it would jump from "mildly amusing stress reliever" to "tool for obsessive maniac with too much free time".

<Eckels> 70% of all statistics are made up on the spot
    <moocow> really?

<Eckels> it's funnier and safer if i dont use my real penis

[13:58] <Breaker\idiot> im not an idiot, eckels

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.56%

a hunting style game where you could actually be in the game, via mind-power, where you could close your eyes, and you'd have a hard time distinguishing between the real world and the game world. (Matrix fans unite)

We aren't talking super deer hunter either. I'd like to hunt people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.54%

Quote Originally Posted by King Link
    A true MMORPG, much like the one you see in .hack
    normally, I'd agree with you completley, but I've been working on an idea for a game for the past few months now. it is online, and it might be multiplayer (haven't decided), though you use the online feature mainly for downloading new areas and quests into the game. it's actually a quest I'm working on now, Fragments, only not as restricted as it will be with ZC. I should post my ideas so far

but, needless to say, it would be huge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.55%

oh yeah, i toitally forgot...

when i was younger and into fighting games (mortal kombat, street fighter 2, etc) I wrote up detailed plans for a fighting game featuring handicapped people. You'd have characters like Retarded Steve, who would have like acid drool, and would whip you with his tongue... and Sun Jumi, the fat sumo wrestler in a wheelchair. There was also a black guy on crutches (the crutches would obviously double as machine guns)... ahomeless vietnam amputee, who would scoot around on one of those moving dollies, a steven hawking type of character, and a few others who i can't remember as of now... It would have been in street fighter type graphics (very cartoony).

Of course it would have never gotten off the ground because of all the sensitive whining liberals in the world, but hell, I would have played it for sure.

<Eckels> 70% of all statistics are made up on the spot
    <moocow> really?

<Eckels> it's funnier and safer if i dont use my real penis

[13:58] <Breaker\idiot> im not an idiot, eckels

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.95%
    Well, deviating slightly from the current lines of sadistic thought...

Something of a cross between a fighter, a RPG, an action-adventure, and a brawler.
    Basically:
    1: Take Tales of Symphonia.

2: Switch to a more traditional fighting game control setup. Responsive controls are a must.

3: Add a few dozen more characters and an open-ended character-making tool.

4: Diverse characters. No endless shotokan clones.

5: Up the maximum team size from 4 to at least 6.

6: Allow 1-4 teams to fight against each other online, offline, and/or vs. CPU.

7: Give it a REAL story (or drop the pretense of a story altogether and go for more gameplay).

8: Interactive backgrounds, and plenty of 'em. Preferably, an open-ended stage building tool would be included.

9: Equipment. Just the right number of items and equipment. I don't mean standard alter-one-stat equipment like most RPG's. I mean unique, multiple-stat-altering equipment like in Tactics Ogre or Mega Man X: Command Mission. Heck, maybe even some equipment which grows along with the equipee.

10: No spells/techniques/summons/etc. that take 3 minutes of FMV. At most, you'll get a second or two before your opponents get a chance to counter/block.

11: Instead of having MP you get a 3-bar super meter. Unlike traditional fighting games, not all attacks would use 1 full bar or 3 full bars. Characters would have specials which cost varying amounts of super depending on their usefulness/cheapness. Basically, I want to avoid unblockable infinite combos without giving everyone sucky/repetitive movesets.

12: All-or-Nothing mode: Basically an extension on the special attack system. Entering AoN mode would map your specials over your normal attack buttons, and give you unlimited use for specials. However, activating AoN mode takes up 1/3 of a super meter bar right off the bat, and your super meter starts draining very quickly. If it hits 0, your player dies, regardless of what he's in the middle of. Think Instant Kill mode from Guilty Gear X gone psycho.

And, of course, since it's ME making this:
    13: High-res 2D sprites and environs instead of 3D models. A la the Guilty Gear series.

14: Extensive, intensive Heavy Metal soundtrack. Yet again, a la Guilty Gear.

Now that I think about it, it's basically River City Ransom Advance meets Guilty Gear Isuka meets some random MMORPG. Morpg. That's a weird word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelda64Gld View Post
    FUKC YUO GOAT FUCKRE!!!111

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.78%

Well I'm acctually in the process of making my dream game (of sorts)

An MMORPG (although the one I'm making is a sidescrolling RPG, Picture Y's III: Wanderers from Y's or Zelda : 4 Swords in the sidescrolling areas.)
    basically I want it to be based on skill. So you dont have people being owned because someone spent 3 days straight gaining levels. There will still be levels just it wont change a whole lot. Also I want to have alot of customizability and alot of things for you to do, There will be a basic story for you to follow as well, none of this make your own story bull shit. I'm trying to find out whats wrong with MMORPGs now adays and improve to make a better one. I remember playing Graal for hours on end before it went to the shit. So I'm taking alot of elements from there, hence the lack of levels and more skill.

Here's some of what I got so far if anybody cares.
    Through fire justice is served!

Thread Information