Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    58.59%

Re: X-men Legends

My cab needs a lot of work, heh. I need to get new controls for it, at least to match up the two joysticks (there are currently two different types of joysticks on it - one where the joystick itself moves a round thing around that pushes the microswitches, and one where it's square, not round. They actually feel pretty different). It'd probably benefit from a new coin door and some paint, and it overall needs some touchup/detailing work. *shrugs* I might just try to get a 4 player cab and leave it at that until I have my own place and thus have more room for this kind of thing.

The guy I got SDB from had arcade machines all over his house. His garage was filled with them, he had a game room with a pool table in the center and a bunch of games along the walls, and he had a lot outside in an open-ended shed. I think he went a bit overboard (taking into consideration the size of his house), but that's just my opinion.

I'd like to either gut a 4 player cab and convert it to a MAME cab or just build a MAME cab from scratch sometime in the not too distant future. Not only would it be good for MAME stuff, but it'd be a great way to play NES and SNES stuff with friends, heh.

vegeta1215: Consider me weird, but I'm actually not much of a fan of one-on-one fighting games. Super Smash Bros. / Melee are basically the only fighting games that I've managed to really, thoroughly enjoy (well, and Samurai Shodown, but not so much as SSB/M). Street Fighter II and the MK games aren't bad games at all, and I might get the arcade versions of them, but I'm actually a lot more interested in the multiplayer sidescrolling brawling games and Raiden-like games. Course, there's a great deal of other stuff I want, like Rod-Land, Bubble Bobble (any of them), Puzzle Bobble (any), Smash TV, and Forgotten Worlds. Good stuff.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.88%

I forgot to mention Dragon's Lair. I loved that game. We had it at our arcade for the longest time, but we eventually had to get rid of it cause the laser disc system kept over heating and it was costing too much to get fixed.

I also go really hooked on Top Skater and Time Crisis II, but you can't build a cabinet with that. Raiden II is a great shooter arcade game, and the classics like Donkey Kong and Galaga and Ms Pacman are great. I was so mad when the arcade down the boardwalk in OC MD got rid of their Donkey Kong cabinet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.57%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

I'm gonna be like that guy someday. Just have my house packed with arcade cabs. =D

Collateral

i wish the commercial actully showed gameplay footage.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    58.59%

Heh, I finally got my hands on a TMNT PCB, and I'll be trying to get a few more in the next couple of days. I'm pretty excited about actually putting my cab to some use, since Super Dodge Ball hasn't been that exciting considering that I've already played through most of the game and it's all really similar. I might try to get X-Men soon, but I'd have to wire it so that the start buttons on my cab also act as the third button, since SDB is only a two button game (and I don't yet know how to do that wiring).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.57%

If you are wiring up 2 players for TMNT I hear that can be a pain in the ass to do. I wish I had a TMNT pcb though, both of them. I love the intro to TMNT Turtles in Time. Ah classic gaming...

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    58.59%

This one is a two player version, so I should have no trouble. I'd also like to get Turtles in Time, and that should also be pretty simple to get working after a friend of mine gets me some 2 player chips for it.

I was trying to get Shadow Dancer yesterday, but it wound up going for a much higher price than I expected, so I refrained from bidding. Good game, but it's extremely frustrating (I can't even count how many times I died in it yesterday while playing through it in MAME).

Pizza Power!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.57%

I wish I had the money to feed my arcade game addiction right now. I would collect so many games, but since I can't atleast I have emulation. For now atleast that'll do.

Thread Information