Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.78%

X-men Legends

I got this game yesterday and stayed up till almost 5 in the morning playing.
    It's probably the best x-men game ever.

Anyone else played this yet?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.96%

Re: X-men Legends

I used to be really into X-Men - I collected X-Men comics, action figures, watched the cartoons. I remember the playing the 5 person X-Men arcade game, and having the X-Men games on Genesis. X-Men is awesome.

But no, I haven't played it yet. I'd like to though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.64%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

I haven't had the chance to rent it yet. The place only has 1 copy of it. From what I've seen it looks that it could be fun, good to see it was good enough for someone to post about it. I'll definitely have to check it out.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    58.86%

Quote Originally Posted by vegeta1215
    I used to be really into X-Men - I collected X-Men comics, action figures, watched the cartoons. I remember the playing the 5 person X-Men arcade game, and having the X-Men games on Genesis. X-Men is awesome.
    It's a 6 person arcade game, actually (though it also is available in 4 person. Not sure about 2 person). There was one on eBay a while back that I would have liked to have bought, but the price was a lot higher than I thought it should have been, the shipping price would be been horrible, and I would have no place to put it (the thing weighs nearly 2 tons, according to the auction, and is insanely big. The seller was selling it because he couldn't get it into his basement as planned, heh). But yeah, the arcade game is pretty fun; multiplayer sidescrolling beat-em-ups of that sort are pretty good, though I think X-Men is one of the worst of them (but I'm not saying it's bad, of course).

As for X-Men Legends, I keep glancing at the TV at the very end of its commercial and I've yet to read up on it online, so I don't know much about it. Looks like it could be potentially good, though, so I'll be sure to look into it soon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.96%

Quote Originally Posted by Vagla
    It's a 6 person arcade game, actually (though it also is available in 4 person. Not sure about 2 person). There was one on eBay a while back that I would have liked to have bought, but the price was a lot higher than I thought it should have been, the shipping price would be been horrible, and I would have no place to put it (the thing weighs nearly 2 tons, according to the auction, and is insanely big. The seller was selling it because he couldn't get it into his basement as planned, heh). But yeah, the arcade game is pretty fun; multiplayer sidescrolling beat-em-ups of that sort are pretty good, though I think X-Men is one of the worst of them (but I'm not saying it's bad, of course).
    Yeah, I couldn't remember how many players it had, but I knew it was at least 5. We had the X-Men arcade game in the arcade I worked at. What I great game. I think my friends and I finally played it all the way until the end. I took like $7.00 in quarters. I remember I liked playing as Dazzler, her special was neat.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    58.86%

You should probably give Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Turtles in Time, Sunset Riders, King of Dragons, and Knights of the Round. The first two are very similar to X-Men in terms of gameplay, Sunset Riders is a 4 player game of a kinda similar type (it's shooting, not fighting), Knights of the Round is a 3 player game slightly similar to TMNT and X-Men in gameplay but not in style (and overall, it's much better, IMO), and King of Dragons is kinda like Knights of the Round, but not quite (and I think it's only 2 player, but I might be wrong. It's a pretty far cry from X-Men, though). I'm trying to get my hands on all of these arcade games at the moment, but some of them are pretty pricey or so rare that I haven't even seen them for sale yet.

Are there any must-have games you remember from the arcade you worked at?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.64%

Vagla, are you trying to get original or converted complete arcade game cabinets? Or are you wanting kits (pcb board, marquee, etc.)? PCBs or kits are much more common to run into than say a factory original game cabinet like TMNT or X-Men.

By the way, you can always use MAME as it emulates all of those.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    58.86%

I already have a cabinet, so my concern is just getting more PCBs. I got a broken Sunset Riders PCB for $13.50 recently which should be fixable, and I already have Super Dodge Ball (that's the cab I have. It's an SDB cab converted from Missile Command), but nothing else.

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a 4 player cab, though, since SDB's cab is only 2 players.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.96%

Quote Originally Posted by Vagla
    Are there any must-have games you remember from the arcade you worked at?
    There are too many good games in the arcade that we had. Besides X-Men, there were some other games where multiple players battle in a similar fashion - like The Simpsons and TMNT games. Also all the fighting games like MK, MK II, MK 3, Killer Instinct, the X-Men fighting game, both Marvel VS Capcom games.

We never had NBA Hangtime, but an arcdea near us did. That is one of the few sports arcade games I got hooked on. Can't think of any others right now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.64%

Wow, I'm suprised there is another AGN member into arcades enough to know about cabinets and PCBS. :O

I would love to get a cabinet, you get the best play experience from a good cabinet I think. But cabinets take alot of space and aren't fun to move. That's why I might build a jamma rig instead, although some games that don't run at (roughly) 60hz can be a bitch when using a standard TV. Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct being offenders of such. Both games I wish to get. Right now I only have a Street Fighter II' CE pcb I got cheap. It works, and we actually put it in a friend's cabinet, though we never did finish converting it. It was a Donkey Kong Cabinet, which monitor was mounted vertical.

Can never have enough money to play with these things.

Thread Information