3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.17%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Most Mysterious Area?

Of all the games that you've played, which do you think grants the most attention for being the most "mysterious" area? I suppose such a place would be one which causes you to think to yourself, "Oh, ... man... wow... " Or "What the hell happened here? I've never seen anything like it!"

I suppose an example I could give you would be found... pretty much.. everywhere in Ultima 7 Part II: Serpent Isle. There are these funky Serpentine Ophidian ruins everywhere. There is this one area in the middle of Gorlab swamp, where you have to cross a few abandoned towers to reach, but it's a majestic healing fountain surrounded by cyprus trees. Very, very beautiful. Dude. A garden of eden, practically, in the middle of a swamp. It doesn't get much more mysterious than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.1%

Re: Most Mysterious Area?

hm... there really aren't that many mysterious areas that aren't revealed later in the game. I guess I'd have to say the opening area in Majora's Mask. I mean, you never go back, and you can't tell exactly where you are

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.41%

I liked the Chozo Ruins in Metroid Prime! I found this area to be very mysterious and I enjoyed scanning every object and wall writings to learn more about the story the ruins were telling.
    Eskyris is my world

Don't be afraid to try something: amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.17%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by *b*
    hm... there really aren't that many mysterious areas that aren't revealed later in the game. I guess I'd have to say the opening area in Majora's Mask. I mean, you never go back, and you can't tell exactly where you are
    Oh, damn, I never even considered that! .. Well reminisced, *b*. Well reminisced indeed. .. Man what a cool area! Heh.

In Terranigma, on the SNES, Beruga's tower was pretty freaky. It was definitely an anachronox. Freaky, in an awesome sort of way.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.08%

Quote Originally Posted by *b*
    Yeah! Also the part where you meet the mask salesman too - the music that played there is kinda creepy.

The moon area is also a good pick from Majora's Mask. It's like a dream land with an endless field and that huge tree.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.55%

Ocarina of Time - The part when you go into the Royal Family's Grave and walk past all the Re-deads, The Shadow Temple, Stepping out of the Temple of Time after becoming an adult

Wind Waker - Hyrule

FF VII - The Forgotten Capital (it seems to go on and on beyond where you can go) , Temple of the Ancients

Kingdom Hearts - The stormy island at the beginning of the game, The Hollow Bastion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    5.23%

Super Mario Sunshine, in that dive for red coins in a bottle level in loki bay. I forget which nook, but in the castle at the bottom of the bottle, there's an indent with an unopenable door where you can manuever the camera to see past the wall to see a book lying on the ground. I don't think it has much relevance to anything else in the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    3.33%

Most RPGs have pretty weird places. In FF9, Burmecia was pretty morose. It's strange enough that it's always raining, but just all the destruction and bodies laying around... It gives you the creeps. Also, Ymir Forest and the City of Thor in the Tales series is pretty neat.

Resident Evil/Biohazard's areas are all pretty creepy. Not just the streets, but all of the labs... There's a lot of weird experiments going on there.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.42%

The Sea of Eden in Chrono Cross. That place was wierd. The waves frozen in place by time...

Go Red Sox!
    Go Eagles!
    R.I.P #40 & #65

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.88%

For the most creepy place in agme I've evr been to is in any of the underground places in OoT. Those re-dead freak me out.
    But the most intriguing(sp?) place in a game I've ever been is in Pokemon LeafGreen. There's a house on one of the Sevii islands with an entrance in the back of the room with a buch of boxes in the way. It drives me crazy, I have no idea how to move the boxes. Theres also a house like that in Sapphire and Ruby.
    P.S. If anyone knows anything about those houses please tell me!
    Winner of the Side Splitter award in the first Writing Contest

Thread Information