Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    21.45%

Re: Unofficial 3rd quest

I just e-mailed AlphaDawg. Keep in mind that I'm not sure if he's still active on ZC forums or if he still uses that e-mail address.

All I can suggest right now is to just go to Level 3, get the Whistle, then come back to finish Level 2.

You downloaded it from the ZC web site, so you should be getting the complete and official final version of this quest. But I'm not sure why you're still getting a Digdogger in that room and not a Gohma like I get--unless you're using something like version 2.11 of Zelda Classic.

Don't worry about my mention of all those Patras. I think that was on a download of this quest on another web page.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.32%

yes what version of zelda classic are you using?
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.98%

Well tried the one you sent me and it still has a digdogger. Don't know what to say. Will try one more way, that you gave me.
    Don't know if this 190 and 210 has anything to do with it. I think it was the 190, but don't know alot about this, hubby dowloaded it

the one that I downloaded from Zelda Classic, armeggedon games,,,, then LM500 sent me one and it was the same.

Going to try to get the whistle, but can't seem to even get through the second room to the left. they kill me before it get through the door. Any hints?????

THANK YOU LM500 for everything......
    EAR-A-TATED

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    21.45%

What enemies are you talking about?

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.98%

The patras and the darknuts, can't make it one inch, they are in LV3 second room to left
    Please don't tell me they aren't suppose to be here, had them in one room I think to the left when I went to get the bracelet to. Just skipped that room, but can't here.
    EAR-A-TATED

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.03%

At this point I have gotten all items except the red ring, mirror shield, master sword and 1/4 heart piece (I have 16 hearts but missed one quarter). I got through the bonus level but when I walked on the sword it wouldnt give it to me. Do I need the extra quarter? or need to get other items first?

On a side note do you have to powerbomb the wall in level 9 everytime you start it? and I looked all in that cave and couldnt seem to find the powerbomb shop.

and thanks again LinkMaster500. It turns out that I missed the book in level 4 so I couldnt burn the bushes in level 6 or on the overworld.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.32%

problems with picking up swords is related to your current level of max health.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    21.45%

Rockies Rookie: I hate to say this, but all those Patras are not supposed to be there. When I play this quest, I don't get all those Patras. They aren't hard to kill, but it can be difficult when you have several of them all in one room. Unfortunately, I don't have much to suggest except to ask what version of Zelda Classic (2.11, 2.10, 1.92, or some other version) did you download? I presume that you downloaded ZC itself from this web site. I am completely puzzled because I play the exact same quest file but don't have these problems. I think your options are the following:

1. I could open a copy of this quest in ZQuest, edit the dungeons screens so they have the enemies I encounter, then e-mail it to you so you can try it, but you'll have to start over--Yet again

2. Just play the quest the way you have it.
    3. Look for another quest to download.

Jethrotull: The default rule in ZQuest is that you need 21 hearts to get the Master Sword, but I'm not sure if that's the case in this quest. The Red Ring and Mirror Shield are both in Level 9. Don't worry if you can't get it as you do not need it to beat the game.

Did you blow the Whistle in the screen east of the alternative exit to Level 8. That's where you can buy the Lens of Truth for 750 rupees. Then you can use it in Level 9 on walls, and if it reveals a black hole that looks different from that which appears when you normally bomb a wall, you'll need a super bomb to open the passage. I think there is another super bomb shop somewhere, but I couldn't find it. You may have to go back to Level 6 to buy them, but does anyone out there know where you could find another super bomb shop

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.32%

the other super bomb shop is i think the shop that wont open.
    Computer specifications:

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.03%

Ya I have the lens. I was just surprised that the hole made by the super bomb is not permanent.

As far as that powerbomb shop, theres this hint on http://host05.ipowerweb.com/~alphadaw/zc/u3q/index.html that says to look for a powerbomb shop in the big cave. I assumed it was that one that you have to pass through to get to level 8.

I got the mirror shield now but can not find the red ring. There are these three rooms to the left of Ganon that I cant figure out how to get to. Ive been in every other room and used the lens in every room. Maybe its one of those situations like the skeleton key where you have to go back the way you came to find it.

I killed Ganon so maybe I should just call it quits but I would really like that master sword just to see what its like.

Honestly I thought level 9 and especially the secret level were not that difficult, but that wand trick on the darknuts probably made a big difference.

Thread Information