0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.98%

Re: Unofficial 3rd quest

Quote Originally Posted by muffin
    The Mirror Shield that you're talking about looks like a great item! I'm looking forward to using it to kick some Wizzrobe butt. I'm wondering, though: what happens to the Mirror Shield when you get caught by a Like Like?
    You don't lose it

I thought the wand trick only worked with Darknuts, but I could be wrong. Those are the only enemies I used it on, since they guard one side of them and AlphaDawg made a lot of rooms with one column/row walkways have lots of Darknuts. btw, if you try the trick in the original NES game, you will find that it works there too - Phantom Menace programmed ZC to be exactly like the original, glitches and all.

Also, now that you have the flippers, you can go into the bonus level (if you can find it). The end of the bonus level has the master sword (even more powerful than the magic sword), but that level is a doosy.

muffin

Quote Originally Posted by vegeta1215
    I thought the wand trick only worked with Darknuts, but I could be wrong.
    Actually, I think what I did is something slightly different that what you described. The Like Like was hit first by the wand, and second by the fire that shoots from the wand (I had the magic book). When it hit the fire the Like Like flipped over Link's shoulder. Or something like that.

Also, now that you have the flippers, you can go into the bonus level (if you can find it). The end of the bonus level has the master sword (even more powerful than the magic sword), but that level is a doosy.
    I completed the quest! :) Overall, a pretty interesting quest, although it seems that there were a few bugs.
    But I didn't find the bonus level, red ring, mirror shield and I'm short two heart pieces. I guess I just have some more exploring to do...

As you can see from my post count, I'm rather new to Zelda Classic. I've now beaten four quests (1st, 2nd, 3rd and AlphaDawg's U3Q). Any suggestions as to what a good fifth quest would be for a newbie like me?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.98%

Wasn't the map in level 9 just wonderful? lol. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw it. You should definitely go for those other items in the U3Q when you get a chance. If you'd like, I'll give you a hint where the bonus level is

I haven't played a lot of ZC quests, but most of the ones I have played are really early ones. (from 2000 like AlphaDawg's) VEL's BS Zelda remake is fun, so is Tiny Quest by ShadowBlazer. If you want some real challenges (possibly more so than AlphaDawgs) try James' Quests.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.16%

I started playing u3q awhile back and with some help from reading the threads I have managed to beat levels 1 and 2 and got the boomerang, candle, arrows, bow, white sword, and the bracelet. I've checked everywhere I can think of for the next adventure but with no luck. I think I need to find level 3 or the whistle, raft, ladder or maybe something else. Also I was wondering if you ever have to bomb a door thats not on a flat area or burn a bush thats on the very perimeter of the screen. In original zelda they followed certain rules where secrets can be found but obviously zelda classic doesnt follow all those rules. Thanks in advance !

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.93%

Did you get the hint in Level 2 that says that there's "a secret at King's Tomb?" Go to the graveyard screen with four tombstones and place a bomb there. That will open Level 3.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.16%

Thanks LinkMaster500, I could of sworn I tried everything at Kings Tomb but obviously not.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.11%

hehe, yeah, for AlphaDawg's quests you really have to take his word (from his README) about pushing every block in every room. Even after beating the game (and the bonus level he added later) I still missed one heart piece.

Okay, here's the trick.

Once you have the wand, when a Darknut is walking right towards you, use your wand to hit his shield, and then push the controller in the direction opposite to the one you're facing. If done right, you will flip the Darknut over your shoulder, and do a little damage to him!

This comes in handy in tight spaces, esp in level 9 of the Unofficial Third Quest near the mirror shield room btw, once you flip the Darknut "over your shoulder", be cautious cause they often turn around and come right back for you. (but you can keep flipping them over)
    is that wand trick in the original LOZ?
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.16%

I've gotten to level 7 now but I can not figure out where to go. I can not seem to access the right side of the map. I even made an excel map to show where I've bombed. According to my map I've tried every wall and block.

Also I was wondering if there was anything in level 6 besides the power bombs, and when can I get the flippers since I think they are the only thing that will allow me to get to the rest of the overworld map. Theres this small lake on the left side of the map I cant get past it.

Thanks in advance!

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.93%

Other than the super bombs, there are no other key items left in Level 6.

In Level 7, you need to push a stone statue (not a block) to reveal a secret passage that eventually leads to the boss. It is in the room with two statues in the center of the room and two Gohmas. You have to do the same in Level 6 to get to the boss room.

Also in Level 7, there is a room where you have to blow the Whistle to reveal a staircase and one where you must shoot a tree with an arrow. I'm pointing these out because these are unusual ways to trigger secrets that you probably would miss because they did not exist in the original Zelda.

As for that lake on the left side, you need the Wand and Book, so you can use the Wand to burn a tree which will create a bridge--allowing you to pass.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.11%

Say this thing I have to use the whistle on in LV2??, where so I get the whistle?????????

Also I have tried to get through these lost woods for a week now. Is there a map for these lost woods????
    Or can some one help me out on this???????
    EAR-A-TATED

Thread Information