User Tag List

Thread: Sidescrolling Quests

Ralphio

Sidescrolling Quests

Anyone know of any good sidescrolling custom made quests? I have an idea for a quest, and I think it would work best as a sidescroller... just a need a few ideas on what's good and what's not, and other stuff, such as light puzzle solving, and the right creatures to put where (when to up the difficulty, that sort of thing). So any direction would be appreciated.

I will not rip off your quest. If I use any of your ideas, I will give credit where credit is due. :)

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.89%

Re: Sidescrolling Quests

I play a lot of custom quets but I dont know any sidescrolling quests but some quests have some sidescrolling levels in them. One of them which I must recomend to you (if time is not a problem) is Megaman: Dr.Wilys revenge. It is a really long quest and has only few sidescrollers but they are all perfect! =)

Ralphio

Quote Originally Posted by mr.Descer
    I play a lot of custom quets but I dont know any sidescrolling quests but some quests have some sidescrolling levels in them. One of them which I must recomend to you (if time is not a problem) is Megaman: Dr.Wilys revenge. It is a really long quest and has only few sidescrollers but they are all perfect! =)

Time is not a problem!!

Now where is this 'Megaman: Dr. Wily's Revenge'? Is it in the Quest Database here on ZeldaClassic.com, or somewhere else?

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.89%

http://www.armageddongames.net/forum...ad.php?t=77681

okay... check out taht thread. The download links are in the bottom of the thread starting post. If you want to get ideas for a good sidescrolling level, the 5th level is a fine example.

I wish there were sidescrolling quests out there but I guess it is too tough to maky 100% sidescrollers with Zelda classic.

Ralphio

Quote Originally Posted by mr.Descer
    http://www.armageddongames.net/forum...ad.php?t=77681

okay... check out taht thread. The download links are in the bottom of the thread starting post. If you want to get ideas for a good sidescrolling level, the 5th level is a fine example.

I wish there were sidescrolling quests out there but I guess it is too tough to maky 100% sidescrollers with Zelda classic.
    The only problem I am having is repetiton. Just the same thing over and over and over... I run out of ideas quick. And since I don't have my own custom tile set, my areas look boring... I wish I knew how to make sprites/tiles/whaever...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.78%

You could always find someone else around that may want to work with you on a quest. Someone that shares the same ideas as you would be someone to pick to help you with a quest.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.95%

I think you might want to ask Vel about that. I think he made a small side-scrolling beta quest, I think called the Camelot Quest. My older brother made a similar quest in BS graphics with the same design. I have a version somewhere on my computer.
    Mann soll nicht mehr als was er hat wollen, weil er voraussichtlich schon zu viel hat. (One should not want anything more than he has because he probably already has too much.)

Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.19%

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Brocktree
    I think you might want to ask Vel about that. I think he made a small side-scrolling beta quest, I think called the Camelot Quest. My older brother made a similar quest in BS graphics with the same design. I have a version somewhere on my computer.
    I didn't make Camelot Quest. I did have some side scrolling areas in "Mario's Insane Rampage" though.

Woo hoo, look at the tektites dance!

I just think I'd be happier as a pretty lesbian girl. -- Glenn the Great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.63%

PrfectGREG's The Castle is a sidescroller...it's cool, but every time you die you have to start over at the beginning. It's in the QDB now.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
    However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.95%

That must be the one I'm thinking of. It was several years ago, so I didn't remember the name.
    Mann soll nicht mehr als was er hat wollen, weil er voraussichtlich schon zu viel hat. (One should not want anything more than he has because he probably already has too much.)

Thread Information