User Tag List

Thread: Heroe's Starting Point

Ralphio

Unhappy Heroe's Starting Point and Quest Start Error

Hey guys, what's up? I just registered for these forums today, 'cause I am, like I know most of you are, a HUGE Zelda fan. Anyways, I have a question; might be a bug, but I don't know, I need help! The problem is, supposedly I know how to put your heroe's starting point. It's that green icon at the bottom of the screen, kinda looks like a television. Anyways, I click on that and then click where I'd like to begin the quest. When I start up Zelda Classic and load my custom quest, I start somewhere in the upper left side of the map; very far off from where I want to begin. Any help? I've closed and loaded the ZQuest editor many times; same with Zelda Classic. It's beginning to get on my nerves and I am going crazy.

I cannot continue without your guys' help! Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

Laters

EDIT #1:Quest Start Error is in my second post.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.45%

Re: Heroe's Starting Point

fill in the dmap "continue" position
    :O)

ZC information I've compiled and my quests
    Adventure Tileset
    Elise's Zelda Classic

Don't ever buy an MTD Product, it's cheap over-priced garbage

Ralphio

Is that the blue icon right next to the green lookin' thing? 'Cause that's the one I used, but now when I try and load the game, it won't let me. It says it's not a custom quest, or something to that affect. Something's wrong here... :mad:

EDIT #1: It officially says 'ERROR: not a custom quest' in the 'Info:' box. I was able to start before... but now, I have no idea what's going on. This is all the information I can provide... if you have any specific questions pertaining to this, ask, and I'll do my best to answer. Again, any help is appreciated and thank you in advance.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.49%

The green mark you are talking about is where you appear on THAT screen if you were to somehow appear there. But it doesnt tell zquest which screen to make you appear on.

To set that, go into DMaps, selsect the overworld dmap and do edit. Then, change the value of 'continue' to be the coordinates of the screen you want the character to appear on when you start.

A trick with that that confused me: on a lot of the places where you set a value, you can click on the numbers and use backspace and write over them, like when setting the amount for a secret money room or whatever. But on the continue field you cant do this. You have to click to the right of the 00 (or whatever it currently is), and hit backspace a couple times, and then write in your value.

I dont know how to solve your second problem.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.45%

It got corrupted, might as well delete it start over.
    this seems to happen when importing tiles.

the best way is to start with a .qst that has the tiles you want and delete the maps and build your quest

It's possible you can open it in the 163 and fix it, but that will cause other problems that you won't want to deal with since you're new to this, if it will even open at all.
    :O)

ZC information I've compiled and my quests
    Adventure Tileset
    Elise's Zelda Classic

Don't ever buy an MTD Product, it's cheap over-priced garbage

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.49%

Important tips:

Save frequently, and make backup copies frequently. :)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.38%

Or, just don't change the quest number in the header. Should be 0 for custom quests.
    "Walking around naked is a health issue. Forinstance, if you walk around naked and aren't a hot woman, people like me are a threat to your health when we start shooting at you."
    -Mottzilla

Thread Information