Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.46%

"How do I beat that guy?"

At first I just wanted to ask a question but then I thought that's kind of a crappy thread because it's like "Question/Answer/THREAD DESTROYED" and I wanted something big, so I got this great idea.

Here's my improved thread idea: Everyone has that one enemy in a video game that is particularly frustrating. Other people seem to have no troubles with it, but for some reason it keeps destroying you. I was like this with a lot of enemies in Viewtiful Joe until I discovered the SlowZ-RHOH (Use slow, zoom in, hold punch. You perform a move called "Red Hot One Hundred", which when zoomed and slowed is the most powerful move in Joe's arsenal, save perhaps the downward SlowZ-jump, debate rages.)

Anyway, in any well-made, non-random game there has to be a way to beat every screen. Every enemy must have some weakness. Sometimes it's a pattern, sometimes the enemy telegraphs a move, but the game's creator usually leaves a way for the player to own that enemy.

So what I want this thread to be is a thread where two things happen:
    • Post an enemy that always seems to get the best of you
    • Post a way to beat an enemy previously mentioned.

It should be pretty cool, and I think we'll see pretty quickly who has tricky skills at gaming.

--END EXPLANATION--

I'll start. I recently purchased a new retro GBA SP (I'm a consumer whore) and TLoZ to go with it. There is one enemy above all that has given me trouble above all. The Blue Wizzrobe has defeated the Darknut as my most feared enemy. Frontal attack is met with horrifying unblockable beams. Attack from the rear is met with a 180 turn and the same beam. Attack from the side is met with a teleportation that runs into me. Long-distance weapons do no damage.

How do I beat the Blue Wizzrobe?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.87%

Re: "How do I beat that guy?"

Blue Wizzrobes are a pain. Aside from Blue Darknuts and Like-likes, they are my least favorite enemies in The Legend of Zelda.

It's easiest to hit Blue Wizzrobes when they are teleporting around - they cannot shoot beams back during this time. This works best in rooms with lots of blocks or water. But in big open rooms, you just have to practice. Striking and then dogding is your best bet. Also, concentrate on one Blue Wizzrobe at a time, and try not to get in the sights of any other Blue Wizzrobes while doing so.

You may also want to try using bombs (in the no-sword challenge, bombs are the ONLY thing that can kill Wizzrobes - getting though level 6 to get the wand is the hardest part of the no-sword challenge cause you HAVE to go through and room with a few Blue and Red Wizzrobes, and a Like-like or two)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.43%

i always had a problem in final fantasty tactics defeating velius. he'd always either turn my whole party to stone, or just generally kick my ass. i finially beat him the last time i played, and then couldn't beat the battle after him(where you have to protect the chick heaven mage from 3 assassins). mostly because she kept running towards them, and out of the range of my white magic spells.
    [mp]137[/mp]
    You cannot know what women want (we don't even know that ourselves)-carrot red
    Anyway, don't call your girl a cunt. Most bitches hate it.-moocow
    Girls are confusing, and half the time, don't even know what they want. -Moocow
    <·15:39:10·Ibis·> nothing says I love you like phlem

4077 MASH, mess tent. We regret to announce lunch is now being served.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.37%

Unless you absolutely have to defeat all the enemies on screen I'd run away from teh Blue Wizrobes. Same thing for Blue Darknuts. You should attack the wizrobes only while teleporting and after they begin to phase-in turn so they are facing away. With the Magic Sword you should defeat them reasonably fast, one-on-one....

My problem is the level 6 boss of Zelda 2. That's the dragon who springs out of lava pools, shoots you, and goes back in. When he's coming out he usually too fast for my sword thrust, when he's out he's too high for me to jump up and stab.
    "Only sith deal in absolutes."~ Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi
    "There's more than one way to skin a spirit."~ Father John Patrick Mulcahy
    "Toleration is not the opposite of intolerance, but is the counterfeit of it. Both are despotisms. The one assumes to itself the right of withholding liberty of conscience, and the other of granting it."~ Thomas Paine
    http://specaill_ed.tripod.com/quotes.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.53%

Try jump magic. That lets you jump high enough and it makes it easier to jump over the lava.

The one boss that pissed me off was the Tarantula boss from Lufia 2. That thing was fucking powerful. He summoned other spiders to help, he could paralyze you with his attacks, and he had an attack that was very powerful, hit everyone, and poisoned you. And he could heal himself for 180 damage per turn, which is more than your party can do at that point in the game. So you'd work him down, then he'd heal for a few consecutive rounds, and then kick your ass again.
    The one thing that helped was if you got the Camu Jewel from the previous boss. That let you do the Buster Attack, which hit all the enemies for good damage. So whenever he summoned the spiders, you could do the attack to damage him and kill the spiders. Then he'd have to waste more turns summoning them again later, giving you a better chance to beat him.

Thread Information