Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.9%

Re: Anyway to make full screen?

I have been having a similar problem with all three available builds above 190 so far (1.92b 163,183 and 1.92a 184). My computer is using Windows 98, so the whole XP thing would seem not to apply. Every time I try to start up the main program or zquest, it either pops up in a small, non-adjustable window or seems to "try" and pop up in a full-size window. If the latter happens, the border merely flashes as it switches between the active window color and regular color before the computer shuts the program down with an illegal operation prompt.

Zelda 190 works just fine, and it seems to have something to do with the fact that the computer registers it as a DOS program. It has all of the various tabs for adjusting the program under properties. When I check the properties for the newer versions, it only has the General tab listed, and does not provide any way to change the size of the window it pops up in. It also identifies the program only as an application. Only once have I gotten one of the new builds to work: the window popped up, played sound, and never played the video. I frantically dragged it across the desktop numerous times in random directions :mad: ...and the video started to play when it was at the edge of the screen. It was still quite small, though...

If anything, it's similar to trying to get the actual game to work on my NES. It seems to have "The Technique" that must be used before the game plays. However, I have been very unsucessful getting it to work still, the framerate is low even with VSync or whatever off, and the darn thing is so small! Plus the newest games are made on builds higher than 190, so I'd really like help as well if it's possible.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.47%

Maybe if the problem is XP, then check 'play in compatibility mode for windows 95 (or 98)'. (Again, right click -> properties -> compatibility.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.61%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

ZC should have no issues running under Windows XP if you are running the Windows version of ZC. :o

Thread Information