Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    67.56%

JPG file support

Back in the old days of 1.90, we had jpg support to open jpeg's, and grab palettes from them. Since the earliest 1.92 betas, jpg support seems to have been removed. I have several jpg files I want to get specific parts of the palettes from, and converting them to another format would cause the order of the colors in the palette to change. Opening them in 1.90 worked fine, but I well, can't use 1.90 anymore because I have win xp. I have one question. Why was .jpg file support removed in the betas?
    Current Projects: None. Might do something if I ever have the free time again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.49%

Re: JPG file support

probably because .jpgs used far too many colors, and there were some bugs I may not know about

maybe you could download 1.90 to a friend's computer, take a screenshot of the pallete, and email it to yourself?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    67.56%

Re: JPG file support

I think ZQuest may have used some sort of color reduction or something similar to reduce them to a total of 256 colors if needed, since dos can't display more than 256 colors at a time. Im pretty sure it reduces colors if there are more than 256, as i can open a 24 bit bitmap picture without a problem.
    Current Projects: None. Might do something if I ever have the free time again.

Thread Information