User Tag List

Thread: ZC... how broad is thing getting?

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.16%

ZC... how broad is thing getting?

I was surfing around, fallowing link pages when I found someone was basicly working on a Zelda classic like game based on Zedla 3 with quest editing and all. I don't know how that is going, and can't quite remember where I saw it, but this made me realize that Zelda Classic is really on the road to becoming a fully capable Zelda 3. I find this really cool, the idea that Zelda Classic could some day span the game play of Zelda 1 through Zedla 3 and far beyond. Maybe Zedla 2 too? Maybe not... normally I love Zelda games, but Zedla 2 was lacking something...

Project: Shattered Time (tentative title) - Still on paper... 40% designed, no work done.

My Blogger - http://wo-andering.blogspot.com/

Journal of Zach Riah (my fantasy blog-style story strongly related to my Quest ideas and artwork) - http://journalofthepath.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.3%

Re: ZC... how broad is thing getting?

Zelda 2's experience system stunk, but I liked the sidescreen play (Which was kind of revamped in the gameboy games, but it never was the same.)
    While it would be cool to be able to click something and have the dmap use the Zelda 2 engine, it proably won't happen. So, best stick with features from the overhead games.
    I'm an author. If you're interested in checking out my works, you can find them on Amazon.com:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.55%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Zelda Classic is a NES Legend of Zelda based game engine. It nowdays has lots of features, but it does not behave like Zelda 3. There are ALOT of things that would need to be changed to really make it like Zelda 3. There are many people however that have changed graphics to use Zelda 3 style graphics. There are some items and other elements that both ZC and Zelda 3 share. But when it comes down to it, ZC is NOT Zelda 3. If you want something like Zelda 3 and not Zelda 1, find OpenZelda. It's a customizable Zelda 3 engine. ZC is Zelda 1. :O

blopop

So OpenZelda let's you customize quests?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.05%

no, ZC lets you customize quests based on Zelda 1. OpenZelda lets you customize quests based on Link to the Past.
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.16%

Ok, so just out of curiousity, why do you (anyone who loves ZC) dedicated to ZC rather than OpenZelda (which I haven't played yet, and in fact have just found the web site for)? Do you find it harder to use, less nastalgic, or do you just have more time and energy invested in ZC, a kind of 1st commers devotion? Or whatever?

Project: Shattered Time (tentative title) - Still on paper... 40% designed, no work done.

My Blogger - http://wo-andering.blogspot.com/

Journal of Zach Riah (my fantasy blog-style story strongly related to my Quest ideas and artwork) - http://journalofthepath.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.57%

Open Zelda requires people to learn its code. I've personally never tried it. I would probably prefer ZC's windows anyway.
    LinktheMaster: Owner / former administrator of PureZC, a ZC fan site with resources and tutorials.
    Fairy Dream: A joint quest between Nick and myself. Check it out!
    Zelda Classic Manager: A Zelda Classic launcher and organizer.

Thread Information