User Tag List

Thread: Tiny UCoL Preview. And steal my tiles.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Talking Tiny UCoL Preview. And steal my tiles.

Yep, I'm working on -another- quest. ( C-Dawg, feel free to mock and ridicule me at any time now. I don't mind at this point. :) ) My plan, however, is NOT to finish it. If it happens, it happens. My plan is a rather unique one. I'm planning on constructing it so along the way, I'll HAPPEN to create a REALLY nice Combo page which people can use to create quests very efficiently. So this isn't so much a demo, as a chance to rip some cool Pure Set Tiles which you can find. You can rip, borrow, steal, .. anything you want to do to them. Otherwise I would just post a brief demo. :p

So at this point, I hope none of you mind if I copy and paste information from the equivalent thread at PureZC. I just provided a better "intro" here.

THIS IS THE SECOND (Unnofficial) Release of UCoL. It is meant to steal tiles, NOT to play. Please note this before posting. (Although you can play it a little bit. It's got all the midis already, as well as a few conversations, and a brief layout of how things'll look.) Thank you.

At this point, I think I would like to redistribute many of the tiles which I've made / collected for the masses to enjoy. If you find anything you like in these, feel free to rip them. These are all from the Pure Set, by the way.

This file is an early copy of my quest "The Untold Chronices of Link" which stars.. Link, as the hero in 8 tiny quests. Each quest will be about 15-20 minutes long, so I can actually finish one for once.

So far, I've only managed to do a little bit on the first quest, and I know that it's still buggy, what little I have. At the moment, I have the Entire Intro and the story selector done, (Except for warps entering stories which don't exist, I think.) but they all work very well.

Oh, and you can also take the time to see how I got the Perfectly Timed Tic-Warp done. It's on map One, screen.. let's say.. 01. That seems about right. Go into Screen Flags, and check the Tic Length. Write it down. Then go into Midis, and look for the midi "Z3 Flute Song" and play it, and see how it plays, and record the length of it. You now have accurate numbers, and can operate some sort of zany mathematical formula to craft perfectly timed midis and screen effects on your own. :)

So finally, You can find the file Here. And Here is an Anonymized version, just in case.

Enjoy!

(THIS IS FROM THE SECOND DESCRIPTIVE POST OF MINE... )

I'm REALLY going for Diversity and Organization. I'm REALLY going to try to make a Pure Set Upgrade of sorts, perhaps just to see how things are / could be done with a really nice set. I'm not going to say it's nice NOW, .. or WILL be nice LATER! I'm just going to say that I'm going to try to make a really, really nice combo page that people will find easy to use, and very efficient. Because THAT'S the sort of thing that I like to do.

EDIT: Alright, I'll get you a few screenshots.
    Here is a Forest Temple Wall series I've been working on. It's not complete yet. Here is a series of Character portraits I've drawn. I plan to have many, many more. You can find an example of how they'll look Here. The set uses a new style of Link, which I drew for the most part myself, Here. The heart indicators are new too. They attempt to match the Wind Waker / OOT Heart Containers you'll be picking up. Here, I've got a series of Road Tiles I've drawn up.

Again, ALL of these are INSIDE of the quest. You may rip anything you find there are your whim. I've also got a series of other projects in there that I'm working on.

WARNING: Anything that you rip that is not finished will probably remain unfinished for a long time. And believe me.. claiming FULL CREDIT for anything I drew will result in my losing all respect for you. I don't mind if you use it all you want, but actually SAYING, "BH4 Didn't Draw these tiles, I did." Will get me very angry at you, at the least. I don't care how much you use them. Just make sure that you DON'T say that I DIDN'T draw them.

With that, .. enjoy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.4%

Re: Tiny UCoL Preview. And steal my tiles.

Good things first- the forest temple tiles are excellent, and the red brick ones are cool too. Reminds me of being lost in coridors of Wolfinstien 3d, actually.

But those portraits...

I admit that I'm a little sloppy with my character portraits too, given that I crank them out pretty fast for use in the game but... eep. You really should stop and spend a brief amount of time reviewing the basics of proportion (Eyes go in the middle, heads are not circular, faces are not lumpy) and doing some practice before putting them in your quest. Some of those portraits (specifically the first and fourth, who have eyes on the top of their head like deranged snails) are pretty horrible. You might also want to take a look at the portraits I use, too, in order to get a sense of how you apply color to a face. When you have big pictures in ZQ like that, it's really important to use color to get shading and highlights across, because the player will notice it.

-C

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Re: Tiny UCoL Preview. And steal my tiles.

*Scribble* *Scribble*

Thanks, C. I'll make note of all that. The Pure Set isn't really "Color Friendly." So that's why I was thinking about importing / Redrawing / .. just.. drawing a Cset specifically for portraits. Tell me. I need the opinion of a masterful artist. Do you think that -2- shades / tints per generic color are enough? Perhaps 2 Facial colors, only to force me to place them perfectly for the desired effects.

And remember, that this is only practice for when I can ACTUALLY make them a bit more like yours. I never had any talent while drawing these. I was just trying really hard, I suppose. I'll (happily) admit it's not my best, but the more of these that I try, the better.

I appreciate your comments well beyond words, C. I'm happy that we have someone here to look up to in our quest for bettering ourselves. :)

Thread Information