I'm not sure how this could be done, but in a recent ZC Suggestions thread, the notion of exporting "combo events" came up.

Consider someone who designs a rotating-fire-chain trap of the sort in LttP and SMB. This is certainly possible using combo animation, but it would take a good deal of planning and work. If there was some way to export the whole "combo event", then one person could design it and distribute it to everyone else, allowing for new traps and tricks in ZC without any more work from DarkNation or anyone else.

In fact, I'd suggest this sort of thing is basically necessary if we want to see Combo animation reach it's full potential. It is so powerful, but so few people understand it, and even fewer spend the time necessary to use it.

I figure you'd need to be able to export/import the following:

1. All combos in the "Combo Event"
2. All attributes of these combos - type, animation frames, etc.
3. The "Next Combo" in each combo should be recorded relative to the first combo in the group so that someone can import the combos into their own quest in a different place if they want, similiar to how we can leech tiles starting from any page now.
4. The tile number for each combo should probably be relative as well, so that the user can plunk the tiles wherever they want.

I'm probably not listing everything that would be necessary, but I think you see what I'm getting at.

If this was implemented, imagine what DevEx would turn into - "Can someone design a rolling spike log?" followed by "here ya go." QUITE nice.

-C