User Tag List

Thread: Wandering Swordsman

whhthe2

Wandering Swordsman

It is my pleasure to introduce to this wonderful forum my quest: "Wandering Swordsman".

Wandering Swordsman is going to be one of the most non linear quests out there. If thats something you like, then stay tuned! The path is riddled with choices that you must make that determine how the story goes. Everything is optional, so if you dont care about the plight of the villagers, thats ok. If some area is too hard, leave! come back later. Most equipment is available in the central town, including heart containers and magic containers. The only limit to what you spend your money on is the size of your wallet. This lets you customize your characters fighting style...is he a burly man with lots of hearts, a heavy hammer and big shield? or is he a crafty wand weilding wizard with a magic ring and powerful spells? This quest will never really end, because once you beat it the first time, you can start again and choose a whole new path. Almost every screen is stuffed with secrets, every dungeon with mind bending puzzles and traps, and every decision you make can alter your course drastically.

The setting is this: Centuries have passed since the historic recovery of the Triforce and the defeat of Ganon. The line of the great hero who defeated him has been lost, so has any trace of The Prince of Theives, or the Master Sword. A new age has come to Hyrule, where anything goes...many young men have gone off on their own, hoping to find fame and fortune in the world. Unfortunately, many have instead fallen to temptations of power, and used their skills for personal gain, instead of to protect, as the Knights of Hyrule did long ago. The royal family has long passed from all but memory, and all that remains to give hope to the good folk are a few rare fairies that are left.

You start your Hylian walkabout, if i may call it that, when your uncle realizes that you are no longer a boy, but a man, and as such you must make your own way in the world. Will you head to town and see what the big city life has to offer? Or help the fairy of courage rid the forest of the evil Molblin Gnarsh? Or maybe you'd like to help the poor Inn Keeper get his business back on its feet. And what of these rumors of the "Hero's sword" and who are the Swordsages anyway? I hear that great riches lie in the Ancient Royal vault for a thief bold enough to take the risk. It is said that an old man in Kakariko is not just any old man, and he is looking for an able bodied youth to be his apprentice...You get the picture? Thats not even half the story...

Anyway...The demo of my quest is done, and an update is due real soon. Anyone who wants to be a beta tester for a project like this and can commit is very welcome to do so (I already have a good sized list, but i have not heard from many of my testers in quite a while), just let me know if you're interested. You can contact me via email or aim (my sn is the same as my name here), or simply post here (though i would prefer to be able to talk to you directly on aim or something...)

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    77.83%
    screen shots????
    My Zquest Tutorial
    tutorial document

Working on a quest, I swear i'll finally finish one, one of these days!

--Overworld: 60% done
    --Dungeons: 0% done
    --Misc: 0% done

whhthe2
    Go to The Classic Gamer if you'd like to see some screenshots.

However I personally think that too much emphasis is placed on the graphics of quests. I mean, if you want a good looking zelda game, play Windwaker...not ZC. However I think you'll find that though I don't have a fresh new custom tileset like some, i have put a real lot of time and effort into making sure my quest looks crisp. I'm using predominantly the Pure Tileset, though I have modified many tiles to suit my needs. I plan on adding custom link sprites that do not have the forest boy look, but I havent gotten around to it yet.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.33%

Re: Wandering Swordsman

Cool!It looks great and I like the custimazation system before I even try it! It looks like it'll be an amazing quest when it's done.
    There is no signature

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.37%

Nice shots you got there buddy. your quest will still the fame before we know it

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.5%

Wow. Impressive shots, and an original story idea. I like it. :)
    "A gas mask, a smoke grenade, and a helicopter...that's all I ask."- Calvin

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.95%

Good looking game i like it. If you want another test just send a e-mail. :)
    He who thinkith by the inch and talkith by the mile shall get kickith by the foot.

so sayith the great confused one.

Thread Information