vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.55%

Re: Windows XP support Zelda?

Once and awhile, my computer will want to shut the program down

I use XP and 1.92 beta 182/183

I will be glad to see an XP friendly version of ZC in the near future. SHould be Version 2.0 by then. LOL

I just got my old Sidewinder Plug and Play controller setup and it worked fine without selecting the controller I wanted in the ZC Setup. XP gets it going right away. I wish I figured this out over the summer when I was playing quests so I didn't have to go crazy using my keyboard on the laptop. YIPE!

~Jay
    I am a Video Game JUNKIE!

http://digipro31279.webs.com is the link to my quests I currently have. 4th, 5th, 5th DX, 6th, 6th SE, and The Neverending Quest to Save Hyrule are ready to be downloaded and played. The Master Quest is NOW combined with the 5th quest zip file.

Island Quest is currently under construction. 10% complete.

My Wii number is 7414 0167 6961 1002

Mario Kart is now in my hands. Will get the friends code for you ASAP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.63%

Bear in mind ZQuest and Zelda Classic (At least anything past 1.90) ARE Betas... Errors and bugs are to be expected, No matter what OS you are using. Its not that its nessaraly unfrendly to Win XP.
    Tile Contest #14 Winner

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    77.7%

I use 182 beta with XP and it doesn't work that great, though it's probably how my computer is configured. I recently replaced my old computer (P3 633MHz, 192MB RAM), on which it worked fine BTW, for this one (P4 2.06GHz, 512MB RAM), and now I have a lag problem. As far as I can tell, it looks like ZC is trying to use all of my processor at once and then some, and when it reaches the max, the game slows down, and stops for a second or longer (in 183 it just slows down and I lose control of Link). I'm not sure what is making this happen, but XP seems like the most likely culprit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    94.69%

ZC is truly unstable if it works great before you do a HD wipe on your computer(exactly what happened to me).:p Now, it lags, my cursor doesn't come in right away(in fact, it stays in the same place until I move it, and that can be at the top of my desktop and I would never know it), and link does the moonwalk. Not to mention that ZQuest has a 40% chance of crashing if I choose to load a quest.

I'm getting a feeling of Vuja De - where you know you've seen it before, but don't want to remember it.- Ganonator

Thread Information