1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.35%
    That sounds like a resolution problem, you might try some different settings.
    I'm not sure about that though, because I haven't had any problems like that.

I would think you would have better luck using DOS instead of windows, I haven't had any problems with DOS but windows was kind of a problem, so I just stuck with DOS and didn't worry about it :)

what version of windows do you run?

98?
    xp?
    :O)

ZC information I've compiled and my quests
    Adventure Tileset
    Elise's Zelda Classic

Don't ever buy an MTD Product, it's cheap over-priced garbage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.72%
    Try running it windowed and see if that helps. I had graphics problems under fullscreen that dissapeared when running it windowed (add the -windowed switch to the command line).

4077 MASH, mess tent. We regret to announce lunch is now being served.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.76%
    where can you get 183? Alphadawg's downloads don't work (see: where to download) and PZC doesn't have the downloads section anymore.
    "Only sith deal in absolutes."~ Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi
    "There's more than one way to skin a spirit."~ Father John Patrick Mulcahy
    "Toleration is not the opposite of intolerance, but is the counterfeit of it. Both are despotisms. The one assumes to itself the right of withholding liberty of conscience, and the other of granting it."~ Thomas Paine
    http://specaill_ed.tripod.com/quotes.html

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    57.38%
    I just tried AlphaDawg's page...

Works for me. Did you try left-clicking?

4077 MASH, mess tent. We regret to announce lunch is now being served.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.76%
    I always left-click first, then try "save target as..." as I've said in several topics (including the one I just referenced) neither works.
    "Only sith deal in absolutes."~ Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi
    "There's more than one way to skin a spirit."~ Father John Patrick Mulcahy
    "Toleration is not the opposite of intolerance, but is the counterfeit of it. Both are despotisms. The one assumes to itself the right of withholding liberty of conscience, and the other of granting it."~ Thomas Paine
    http://specaill_ed.tripod.com/quotes.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.35%
    The 183 player is in the quest database here
    :O)

ZC information I've compiled and my quests
    Adventure Tileset
    Elise's Zelda Classic

Don't ever buy an MTD Product, it's cheap over-priced garbage

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.45%

Re: Still having problem with text!

Originally posted by kellyau
    Ok, I used the 183 player but i'm still having a problem
    which I now realize is not just the text doubled up but every
    image on the screen. I can play the game but I really have
    to concentrate to read anything because it looks almost blurry
    due to the doubling.
    What kind of a monitor do you have? If it's a CRT, just ignore this post...if it's an LCD/flatscreen...most of those are set to stretch things so that they fill up the whole screen, which makes them look pretty bad...

What you need to do to turn off that stretching would depend on what kind of a monitor you have...if it connects digitally, you need to right-click the desktop, go to properties, click the "settings" tab, click the advanced button, and then hunt around...where the setting is depends on your video-card, mine is under "*ATI-logo* displays"->'panel'->"scale image to panel size".

If it connects (like most desktop ones still do) with a standard analog monitor plug, you'll need to hunt in your monitor's menus.

When you turn off the stretching, it'll be less fuzzy, but it'll probably also be small, you can improve that by adding "-res 640 480 big" to your shortcut...or, heck, if you can't find how to prevent your monitor from stretching it, just put in your monitor's default resolution... eg "-res 1024 768 big", or on my wide-screen monitor, "-res 1280 800 big". It'll make ZC work a little harder to keep up, but you have a fast computer, right?

If you don't know how to add things to the command line under windows, just check out the topic on command line shortcuts, it gets answered a few posts down.
    A Knight Templar

The smilie d^_^isease will never find me in here!

kellyau

Re: Re: Still having problem with text!

Originally posted by Verbatim
    What kind of a monitor do you have? If it's a CRT, just ignore this post...if it's an LCD/flatscreen...most of those are set to stretch things so that they fill up the whole screen, which makes them look pretty bad...

What you need to do to turn off that stretching would depend on what kind of a monitor you have...if it connects digitally, you need to right-click the desktop, go to properties, click the "settings" tab, click the advanced button, and then hunt around...where the setting is depends on your video-card, mine is under "*ATI-logo* displays"->'panel'->"scale image to panel size".

If it connects (like most desktop ones still do) with a standard analog monitor plug, you'll need to hunt in your monitor's menus.

When you turn off the stretching, it'll be less fuzzy, but it'll probably also be small, you can improve that by adding "-res 640 480 big" to your shortcut...or, heck, if you can't find how to prevent your monitor from stretching it, just put in your monitor's default resolution... eg "-res 1024 768 big", or on my wide-screen monitor, "-res 1280 800 big". It'll make ZC work a little harder to keep up, but you have a fast computer, right?

If you don't know how to add things to the command line under windows, just check out the topic on command line shortcuts, it gets answered a few posts down.
    Problem solved, thanks so much. Changing the res didn't
    make a difference in the size but now I can see everything!
    It was that I have an LCD and the stretching.
    Thanks again Verbatim,
    Kelly

Thread Information