Jemsee: Yeah, I encoded this with XviD because the DivX encoders I have are sucky.
Don't go worrying about getting a DVD burner just for me. :O Besides, my DVD drive can't play DVD-R discs. The real bottleneck is your capture card which appears pretty dated, as it can only get a semi-decent framerate at 160x120. I'm sure that your camera tape can produce much better quality than that, so I'd like to try running it through my own capture card. I'm guessing that your camera uses 8mm tapes, so if you could either send me a copy of it on a regular VCR tape or the original 8mm, whichever you prefer, I'll see if I can't get a decent resolution off of it. Compare your video to mine. My camera is a fair bit older than yours, so yours can produce at least that good an image; it's just the capture card that's hindering it.

Rainman: It's actually only moderate quality (to my eyes, at least) because the nature of the tape itself introduces a lot of video noise that makes compressing much less efficient. Still, I think it looks pretty good for a "home video."

FCF: Muchos gracias for the alternate link!
Because of the constant beta nature of XviD, I'm not quite sure that the XviD codec supplied with ffdshow will work with this video. If any of you who install ffdshow still have problems playing the video, download and install this copy of the XviD codec off my server. It's a little dated, but it's the same version I encoded with, so it shouldn't have any problems playing the file.