User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Megaman: Dr. Willy's revenge. when is it comin out?

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.36%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    Well, the game DOES look alarmingly interactive, and the areas which are visible are very well done, without ever so much as a graphics blemish. The quest truly does shine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.93%
    Well of course it would be nice to dethrone Prince and C-dawg, but the most important thing for me is that ALL people who have ZC will play this quest. I really think that this quest will be the best thing you can get in a long long time. I have played Mystic land and Sabotage Dragoon, and those quests just lack fun to be made by the two best zquest creators(but that's only MY opinion, I don't want to piss off anyone) but of course I might be wrong when those quests are finally released.

I know this is a big talk from a still so unknown and small guy, but I want people to know that I have worked so hard with this quest that everybody must find at least something they like in it. It's hard to please everyone, and it's hard to convince people only by speaking so I'll cut the crap and let you guys play the final product after 2 months.

um....is that such a coveted title in the community nowadays? Or is my assumption that 'we make quests because we find them fun and want people to enjoy our work' totally wrong?
    Um... Call me stupid or whatever, but I don't quite get it what you're trying to say.

Oh, and I have to remind two of my testers now. Britannianhero4, please report immediately. Have you totally forgotten that you're a tester?
    And DarkFlameWolf, I hope you can keep your promise and you'd continue testing after couple of weeks like you said at PureZC. Ok?
    --------------------
    "GET a stable version, THEN add more with the builds, DON'T just keep adding bloat to something that doesn't work already.
    Has common sense just left the building, or what?" -Freedom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    94.69%
    DFW means that quest makers are all out for the glory of being the most recognized, rather than just being in it for the passion of making a world come to life.

I'm getting a feeling of Vuja De - where you know you've seen it before, but don't want to remember it.- Ganonator

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.92%
    Originally posted by Blonde799
    DFW means that quest makers are all out for the glory of being the most recognized, rather than just being in it for the passion of making a world come to life.
    ...and it's ironic that DFW would say something like that, because he's the biggest gloryhound this board has ever seen. I suppose he can be tolerated as long as he keeps making solid quests for us.

I've been looking forward to MM: DWR for a long time. I'm pleased to see the graphics improving- the first few screenies Peote released a few years ago had a butt-awful mega man sprite. Anyway, I will definetly play this quest when it is released, and I expect it to rock so much that my pants will need frequent changing.

Good luck.

-C

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.21%
    C-dawg, I'll admit I wanted recognition at first, but I gave up on that quite a while ago. I'm just focusing on making quests now that appeal to me and what I think others would like.
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.96%
    Oh dear, I didn't mean to open this can of worms.

I meant by my post that the top dog questmaker is recognized as such by the people, not that he or she purposely strives to attain that spot.

As for Mystic Land, I played the one-level demo when PrinceMSC released it and it kicked ass. Last I heard ML was slated for a fall release, and PrinceMSC is also the only one to ever announce a single release date for his game and deliver on it (Revenge II). If Mega Man's release ends up being closely followed by Mystic Land, the resulting situation will be very interesting.

--------------

"Do not mess with me; you have NO idea who you are dealing with. Those who DO know me know that I am not one with whom to tangle." -- Master Hacker/Dark Nation

"Master Hacker's a pussy." -- Eckels

The Jeff Lebowski Soundboard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.93%
    Closely followed by Mystic Land's release? Hmm... I'm no Prince, but I have a feeling that his quest won't be out this year at all. Well, whatever. I'm just concentrating on finishing this quest because I know people want a real quest to play (not some demos or basic Zelda quests released every other day).

And once again C is right. When I started to make this quest, the spites were awful and piss-poor. That was because I first wanted to make all the background tiles. But now that I have started working with sprites too, the quest starts to look very pretty. And even my pants need frequent changing though I myself made the quest. I think it's a good sign if the quest creator himself enjoys the quest really much. Unfortunately that doesn't mean that everybody would think that MM is a kick-ass quest... Only time will tell...
    --------------------
    "GET a stable version, THEN add more with the builds, DON'T just keep adding bloat to something that doesn't work already.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.34%
    Well I've played through half the quest now, and I think it's awsome. A LOT of original stuff, and the fun factor is amazing. I really think people will enjoy it as much as have, except for the frequent changing of pants and all. But what I'm excited about is the last few levels, since they sound very promising, plus I get to play it before all of you !
    (If you didn't know this, I'm beta testing the quest. This explains why I've played it before)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.93%
    Behave, Ian.

Ok. I decided not to start a new thread for this because we already have this MegaMan thread here.
    So, I need 1 more betatester for this MM quest, and if you have any interest testing it (why wouldn't you ) look HERE what I require from my testers. You don't have to post there, you can post your "I want to test" post here too.

I remind you that this is the last chance to get the MegaMan beta, so...
    :mega:
    --------------------

Thread Information