User Tag List

Thread: No Music...

wardrich

No Music...

<hr size=1><b>Operating System:</b> Windows XP<br><b>Zelda Classic Version:</b> unknown DOS<hr size=1>Im not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not... anyway, I downloaded the game from www.the-underdogs.org, and there is sound, but no music in the game. Im not sure if this is a bug, or if there just hasn't been any music added to the game yet.

-Richard-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.6%
    It means that you haven't configured the sound system properly, or your sound card isn't supported by Allegro. Go into agsetup.exe and try the 'mpu-401' for your midi driver. That setting seems to work best for most people.

This isn't really a bugs issue, so I'm going to move it to ZC Discussion. BTW, since you downloaded this from a different site, you surely don't have the latest version. Check the frozen threads in this (ZC Discussion) forum for a link to the latest version (which includes a ton of new features). Also, the latest version comes in both a DOS and Windows variety. XP doesn't seem to like DOS very much, so if you get the Windows version, you might find things fixing themselves for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.55%
    Yes I use Windows XP, 1.90 didn't have music. When I upgraded, the music worked just fine...
    Tile Contest #14 Winner

wardrich
    i feel like such a dumbass asking this stupid question, but uh, where can i find the newest version of the game? I found v 1.9 of www.the-underdogs.org I shall keep lurking around this site for it tho, and eventually (if worst comes to worst) searching for it.

-Richard-

wardrich
    nevermind, i searched for it and found it. Im downloading it now... -yay-

-Richard-

wardrich
    ok, so i got the 3meg file from the mirror site, and now the game wont run at all... has this ever happened to anybody else?

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.55%
    You need the support patch/archive. You can find it by peeking around on the forums.

Also, please don't triple post. If you fixed your problem or need additional help, edit your post.

"New and improved."

wardrich
    actually, that isn't a triple post. A triple post would mean 3 consecutive posts in which are identical. I shall edit them from now on though.

As for that support patch/archive thingamadoo, i shall look around for it. Thanks.

-Richard-

Thread Information