Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.86%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    It depends how busy they are is all. Some repair centers can get things fixed and sent back faster than others.

Free sounds like the right price to me Grasshopper. That's an awesome deal, and waiting a couple weeks is no biggy. Not when you consider you don't have to pay anything.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.39%

Thumbs up

I did get it back BTW, but I took it out of the box and see my expansion bay slot cover missing. I call them back and tell them its missing, and they just tell "You don't need it, its not required" Its not like I didn't know that already, but I had it before I sent it, and now its missing. The woman told me that they don't have those pieces to give, but thats ok because they can apparently lose them. I mean, they must have an extra piece lying around somewhere thats mine. Instead of being nice and mailing it to me, I have to send it back to them. And guess how long that will take? "15 to 20 business days"...again. So I sent it back the day I got it, and now I have to wait some more. Probably won't get it back now until sometime in September.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.8%
    Originally posted by Pablo
    How are you getting it fixed for free? Your friend gave it to you while the warranty was still valid? If not, then be prepared to shell out $95 or so, depending on where you live.
    Any early model playstation 2 that breaks, even if past the warranty, can be fix for free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    5.03%
    Any early model playstation 2 that breaks, even if past the warranty, can be fix for free.
    Umm...then can you explain why I had to pay nearly $100 to get my early-model PS2 fixed?
    AIM: LancerSTFU, MSN: pablo882 at msn.com, E-Mail: LancerSTFU at gmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.46%
    Umm...then can you explain why I had to pay nearly $100 to get my early-model PS2 fixed?
    Because your a sucker that doesn't know how to talk to the tech support people right?

Just kidding man. I don't really know why some people get free repairs and some people don't. Almost everyone I've talked to has gotten free repairs though. You just got unlucky I guess.

Thread Information