0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.25%
    Darkflame,

What are the "strict guidelines" ?

Like I've stated before, I can only get a "dead" link to go to screen 00 when the level # is set to 0, if it's set to any other # he goes to screen 73.

(this of course only applies to the second map dmaps for extended dungeons, normal dungeons work fine)
    :O)

ZC information I've compiled and my quests
    Adventure Tileset
    Elise's Zelda Classic

Don't ever buy an MTD Product, it's cheap over-priced garbage

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.19%
    well, what I did was, for EACH floor of the dungeon, I would put a psuedo dungeon entrance screen in screen 00 of that map (or screen 08 if it was on the right side of the map) with a fake pit warp that puts you back to the 'real' entrance of the dungeon. Furthermore, on multiple floor dungeons with multiple entrances, I leave the screen that the entrance is completely void except for the psuedo entrance. For instance, any floor of the dungeon that has screen 73 as its main dungeon entrance, I make damn sure I don't use that screen on other floors of the dungeon except for using it as a psuedo entrance. Just in case the player shows up at that spot during dying and continuing. Furthermore, each floor must be on a separate map if there is an entrance/exit warp on that floor. Otherwise, you can combine two floors on one map if there are no entrance/exit warps. Otherwise, separate maps. That's why I get the level 4 and level 7 continue glitches in HD, I didn't bother to make the multiple entrance floors on separate maps. And it would take me a good hour or so to fix this, but even then, its not guaranteed to fix it totally. But with this technique, you're bound to get rid of most of this bug.
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.25%
    ok, so far I only have 2 dungeons completed that are "extended" dungeons, dungeons 3 & 4.

Dungeon 3 is on map 4 and dungeon 3 subfloor is on map 29.
    I used insta-warp w/ blackout when going from the upper to the lower floor, both have a seperate dmap.

when the dmap for subfloor (map 29) has level 3 inserted it goes to screen 73 even though the dmap is set to go to 00.
    when level 0 is inserted it goes to screen 00 where it then warps back to the dungeon enterance on map 4.

any type of warp, any level # and the continue here option still send him to screen 73 unless level 0 is put in.
    In addition, the main floor doesn't even start on screen 73, it starts on 71, so it is sending him there because of the way something is written in the program, not because it's trying to copycat the main level 3 dmap or starting position.

I can of course, still build a quest, but it won't be right, it will be buggy like you say yours is, and like everyone elses has to be.

What really messes me up here is level 4, it has 13 stairways to the subfloor, which means IF I use a level # on the subfloor dmap dying in 12 of the 13 stairwells will take link back to one of the stairwells which happens to be on screen 73, which means the player has to come out of there and go clear back up to the furthest point of the dungeon to get back where he was and died once he gets up to a certain point in the level.

OR

I can put in level 0 which then starts him at the enterance after being warped from 00 but that then changes the dungeon to overworld characteristics because of the level 0 number on the dmap.
    then the bombable walls, walkthrough walls, screen transfer, triforce room, etc don't work.
    :O)

ZC information I've compiled and my quests
    Adventure Tileset
    Elise's Zelda Classic

Don't ever buy an MTD Product, it's cheap over-priced garbage

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.9%
    "Dreams of Tomorrow"?

Helloooooooo trademark infringement.

-C

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    77.95%
    WHAATTT???!!! is there already really a game called that?
    My Zquest Tutorial
    tutorial document

Working on a quest, I swear i'll finally finish one, one of these days!

--Overworld: 60% done
    --Dungeons: 0% done
    --Misc: 0% done

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.24%
    Yes. It's called "Dreams of Yesterday". What you plan to do will no doubt confuse and aggravate people, therefore even possibly sullying the reputation of DoY.
    ~Dart Zaidyer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.9%
    Well yes, except that DoY doesn't have such an unsullied reputation to begin with, AND I never registered the trademark, AND I'm not profiting from it, AND we're all ripping off Nintendo anyway...

Still. "Dreams of Tomorrow"? Come on.

-C

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.51%
    Originally posted by DarkFlameWolf
    well, what I did was, for EACH floor of the dungeon, I would put a psuedo dungeon entrance screen in screen 00 of that map (or screen 08 if it was on the right side of the map) with a fake pit warp that puts you back to the 'real' entrance of the dungeon. Furthermore, on multiple floor dungeons with multiple entrances, I leave the screen that the entrance is completely void except for the psuedo entrance. For instance, any floor of the dungeon that has screen 73 as its main dungeon entrance, I make damn sure I don't use that screen on other floors of the dungeon except for using it as a psuedo entrance. Just in case the player shows up at that spot during dying and continuing. Furthermore, each floor must be on a separate map if there is an entrance/exit warp on that floor. Otherwise, you can combine two floors on one map if there are no entrance/exit warps. Otherwise, separate maps. That's why I get the level 4 and level 7 continue glitches in HD, I didn't bother to make the multiple entrance floors on separate maps. And it would take me a good hour or so to fix this, but even then, its not guaranteed to fix it totally. But with this technique, you're bound to get rid of most of this bug.
    Nice idea. Although my idea ALWAYS insures you can never get stuck, yours is excellent too. As a side note the continue bug in HD ALWAYS seems to occur on that damn Gnarled Root Dungeon, no matter what. In Tungsten it only happened when I was at the boss. We REALLY need a newer player release (but not ZQuest), just to fix this crap.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.19%
    yeah, esp. since its been fixed anyway in the latest beta. But anyhoo, yes, the bug at gnarled root has been fixed since I changed them into entrance/exit warps in Director's Cut. It seems that has fixed it for some reason.
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Thread Information