User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A note to all those with questions

youhr

Re: A note to all those with questions

thanks, that helped. now, how can you make a bush you burn leave behind stairs and afterwards, the stairs will still be there? (theres gonna be a LOT of questions from me...)

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.33%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Yeah, ... probably best to start a new thread. :p Why clutter up pinned threads, you know?

Okay, to do that, ... and I hope this works, as I've never really had to do this before, for whatever reason, ... (I'm a ZC philosopher.. ^^;' )

Place Flag #11 over the bush. Click on a stair combo in your combo page and then go to Data--> Undercombo and click Set.

As for the other bushes, you'll want another combo. Thus, we'll use Secret combos. They're very versatile, apparently. Go to Data--> Secret Combos and click the last tab. (Rightmost.) In the upper left of the 4x4 box, click that upper left box and find a slashed bush combo. Select your desired Cset with Keypad plus or minus, then hit enter or something. Then place Flag #16 (Corresponding to Secret Combo #1.) on all the other bushes so they'll have that slashed bush undercombo instead of the stairs.

There might be other steps, but I'm not sure. Oh, ... be careful, as you'll probably want Link to start out near the stairs he entered, so make sure you have a bush clear near the bush to arrive in. It's not the end of the world to arrive in a bush that you can just slash to remove anyway, but ... still. :p Why arrive in a bush?

youhr

ok then, here's something that actually goes with the string:

heres what happens: there are several boss monsters in a room (monsters that never respawn) i manage to kill maybe two of them. i come back into the room after dying and they're all gone and the item you get from them is there too.

if thats not specific enough: i have 10 moldrems in a room, i kill one and come back, all are dead and there's a stepladder in the middle of the room (Dmap 0 overworld type) help please..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.03%

In the future, for those who come in and say "I'm completly new, and have no idea, what I'm doing", check out this.
    http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=91177
    And a mod might want to consider pinning the thread it came from as well. Once your past this, for slightly more advanced stuff, check out IDK's tutorial, convinently located in the pinned thread right under this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.36%

http://www.armageddongames.net/forum...ad.php?t=96356
    I'd be happy if ANYONE replied, moreso if they had something useful for me. I can't get the time of day, it seems. 41 looks as of 2/24/07, no reponses.

Sometimes, the right to be bitter is justified.
    "The trouble with having an open mind is that people keep coming along and sticking things in it."
    -Opus, by Berkeley Breathed

"All people are entitled to an opinion. They are not entitled to an audience."

Greenlink100

Smile Re: A note to all those with questions

I have a question how do you make your quest look like Legend of zelda a link to the past? like the tress the dungeons Etc.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.91%

You have to take a trip over to PureZC and download a graphics pack or quest file. If it is a graphics pack, after downloading, go to File -> Import -> Graphics Pack, and select the file. Ba-da-bing, ba-da-bam! (Or however that goes.)
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

keithcote

First of all I am new at using ZQuest so please don't yell at me if I am in the wrong forum for this.

Ok here are a couple questions I have. I promise I will show the courteousy that you mentioned.

First I am having trouble playing quests that have been created by different users. Whenever I click a link for any quest. A fatal error message shows up. I just want to know how to play different quests without all those error screens.

Also I am having a bit of trouble testing my own custom quest in ZQuest editor. In the ZQuest tutorial by alphadawg it says to select the tutorial quest in Zelda classic but when I am in zelda classic, there is no quest selection, it just has the name selection screen. Am I in the wrong version of zelda classic, and if so which one should I download.

PS please try not to answer by questions in complex computer language because I really am a noob at this.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.89%

Did you try pressing "A" on one of the name/files?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.83%

And by that he meant the button you are assigning to A for playing the game under the keyboard settings, not the A key on the keyboard. Once you enter a name on a game file, pressing the button you set as the A button will bring you to a screen where you can load a custom quest in place of the first quest. Once you do it once it will be loaded on that file until you delete it.

As for downloading quests, the following link has a trick for downloading quests off the database until it is fixed:
    http://www.armageddongames.net/forum...ad.php?t=97098

Thread Information