Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.03%

Exclamation A note to all those with questions

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's someone who types in all caps, tries too hard at sarcasm, and adds lots of "angry" emoticons to the post, frustrated with his own ignorance and people who are trying to help him. Next time you want to explain why someone's advice isn't working, try considering the fact that they don't have to try to help you in the first place. For future questions, I'd like you to respect anyone who tries to help you. Whether or not that person's advice is working, don't get upset. I don't like to see good people getting yelled at for their efforts.

Thank you.
    People who think they know everything are very irritating to those of us who do.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.47%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    If you have a question, please try to give as many details as you possibly can concerning your problem.

For example, please attempt to include the following information in your question.

• Dmap Style. (Overworld, Cave, Dungeon, BS-Overworld.)
      Level Number. (In the Dmap editor - On the left, in the middle.)
      The exact situation that you want to happen.
      The exact situation that is happening.

Other things that you may want to mention include the tileset that you're using, the type of combo that you're working with, (If it's a combo problem, or if Link gets stuck or something.) and the map and screen numbers. Virtually any information you can give us will probably allow your problem to be solved faster.

And example of what not to post, is:
    "help my quest won't start."
    An example of a solid, well thought out question is:
    "Why is it that when my Cave doors are on the screen, they don't open when Link approaches them? They are on all four corners, and when you defeat all of the enemies in the screen, they stay closed. It's a cave type Dmap, with the level number as 0."

And if you have a screenshot of the problem (If you feel that it's something beyond a simple matter.) then please post it. You may find an excellent image hosting site at Mediafire (Free File / Image Hosting) or Photobucket. (Free Image Hosting) Use them well.

And to add to plith's comments, if there is a problem which you feel is too difficult for you to overcome, and you need to call on someone else's help, they will assist you to the best of their ability. Be patient with them. Soon enough, you too will be more than able to solve your own problems, and heck, even help others with their own. If you can learn to follow what the experts' advice is, you'll absorb some of it yourself, and gain a foothold on the mountain that is Zelda Classic.

I hope that helps.

Anita Mitchem

Re: A note to all those with questions

Well how do you get longed on . Because I've tryed to open a quest using Zquest-w.exe which is ran off of (192b183). One example is Darknut Wars it will not open. Can you help me.

Anita Mitchem

Well how do you get longed on. I've been having having problems longing on to 192b183. Darknut Wars will not show up on the screen. I also can't get the candle to blow fire on Zc2.10. Can you help me out with any of my questions. thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.87%

Quote Originally Posted by Anita Mitchem
    I also can't get the candle to blow fire on Zc2.10.
    if you're in a quest that has magic enabled, you need to have the magic meter filled somewhat. But if it's a quest that doesn't have it enabled, the Blue Candle can only shoot fire once per screen

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.9%

2.10 is set to use magic, but I was never able to find a way to get a magic gauge. You need to edit it in zquest and either give yourself a magic gauge in Quest> init data, or disable magic in Quest>Rules.

2.10 has the same problem with bombs, and you can solve the problem by setting maximum bombs above 0 in init data

Nabodan

Alright time to attempt a question.
    I am having trouble creating a shop on Dmap 1. Type is overworld can anyone help me? (hope that was enough info)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    53.03%

Dmap level number must be higher than 0 for shops, strings, guys, quite a lot really, unless you use the cave (screen 80) like in the original (Zelda 1).
    Koopa - former member of AGN and retired ZC developer.

youhr

i need help with pretty much everything, can somenone tell me some of the really basic things i need to know? (for starters, how do you make specify where link spawns at the begining of the game, and how do you make him spawn somewhere other than the upper-left corner of a map?)

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.47%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

On the main ZQuest screen, ... well, Here. Check out the screenshot. See the area outlined in blue? Press Pageup or pagedown until you see a green square. Click on that square and place it wherever you want Link to start when he's warped there at the beginning of a new Dmap, or via an Entrance/Exit type warp. Press Pageup twice again (If you're in ZC 2.11 Beta 10b or beyond.) to find the blue squares. Place those where you want Link to arrive after an insta-warp type warp. It's generally a good idea to place ALL of the warps onto the screen, just in case. They default to the upper left corner, so that's where you'll start if you didn't set Link's start positions for that screen.

Thread Information