Originally posted by Darth Cronic
Major news sources are again reporting that financially troubled Vivendi Universal is in talks to sell its games division to Microsoft or other publishers.

Starting with a Reuters story late last week, several news services have recently reported that Vivendi Universal is in talks with Microsoft over the possible sale of its games division, which includes Blizzard, Sierra, and Universal Interactive. The reports quote anonymous sources said to be close to the negotiations, and while most of the news focuses on Microsoft as a potential buyer, other publishers are also said to be in the running. Microsoft has declined to comment on the rumors.
Vivendi Universal is looking to bring in between $1 and $2 billion in the deal, which would go toward the company's large outstanding debt. Although Vivendi denied last fall that it had any plans to sell its games unit, the company has sold off its book publishing business and, according to The Financial Times, is trying to get out of legal agreements preventing it from selling off Universal Studios and USA Networks.

For anyone wondering I've worked for Vivendo/Universal and am hoping they end up all but bankrupt so My hoing they go to M$ aside I still wish them hardship.