Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    98.27%

Our Goals as a Team

What we should do is compile a list of bugs. DC should make an announcement topic with all the known bugs. From the worst kind of bugs to the kind that are nothing more than a flee. By doing this, this would help us all because we would know what bugs have been found. This would also help DN too. Because of a nice organized list, he could simply go through and look at what bugs need to be fixed, rather than going through post after post. And every time DN gets rid of a bug, DC (or whoever were to run this list) would take it off. After the bug list has no more bugs on the list, that would be the time to release the full version of 1.92. Then let DN and the rest of us take a small break, while masses of quests start begin building. And if we do decide to do this, who ever runs the list will have to take full responsibility of what bugs are fixed and what bugs needs to be put on the list.

I think this would be a great idea if we actually did it. This would also let us know how stable a beta is even for the public. It would also (hopefully) deter DN from adding new features. Even though new things aren't a bad thing, but having a bug free working program is better. Anyway, what do you guys think of all this?

PrinceMSC
    For you screen shot lovers, you can feast on this.

Adventure Island

Screen Shot of the Week Record 7 Wins 2 Losses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.56%
    Excellent idea... this is something that needs to be done for that sole purpose of adding new features. I love them, you love them, but right now we are at the advent of the final. we need to weed out all of the little things.. get on our toes and bring up as much as we can that is engine related. I understand people will have trouble getting it going in XP or whatever for the versions, but that's not the focus. I feel for a February release is not out of reach. hey.. why not make it Feb 3rd?? sounds awesome, right?

Lets do what needs to be done
    - change Boss Lock Blocks and BLB2 to do what they are supposed to do.

there's the start.. somebody needs to make a list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    3.46%
    Neeew thiiiiings...

It's a pretty good idea I think, but a new version shouldn't always be released after just the bugs are fixed..once the bugs are fixed we add more new features of course!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.51%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    Well as for new features thats more or less what Alpha testing is for. Once a an Alpha has been examined it will come here in beta form for us to fine tune. I'm more or less for whatever makes DN's job easier.
    "You have been the veterans of creative suffering. Continue to work with the faith that unearned suffering is redemptive"
    -mlk

Robots in Disguise
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.74%
    I like the idea. Anyone wanna be in charge of patrolling the forums and compiling and maintaining the bug list?

P. S. I believe the boss lock blocks are fixed now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.51%
    If someone can indeed compile a list I'll keep it posted in sticky form and edit it accordindly. PrinceMSC was that you volunteering?
    "You have been the veterans of creative suffering. Continue to work with the faith that unearned suffering is redemptive"
    -mlk

Robots in Disguise
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.74%
    How about this idea... 2 new forums. Fixed Bugs and Dead Bugs. Bugs are moved from the Bug Center to the Fixed Bugs forum after I fix them. From that point, testers test the bugs that have been fixed. If they are truly gone, they are moved to the Dead Bugs forum. This helps keep track of bugs a little better and lets me see if there is a bug that keeps popping up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.51%
    Well I'm assuming that you would be moving the topics correct? THe only reason I'm hesitant to do such a thing is that the only one who truly knows when a bug dies is you

But I like the idea. Or you could simply append "FIXED" to each bug topic and compile them in a seperate forum.
    -mlk

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    98.27%
    Originally posted by Darth Cronic
    PrinceMSC was that you volunteering?
    Maybe, but I have to see how my new schedule and things are going to be. I would like too though. Mainly because I would like to know what needs to be fixed and what has already been brought up. If I ever found a bug, most of the time I have know idea if someone else has already said something. But anyway, let me get back to you on that DC. However, if someone would rather do the job, and will do it right, let'em have a crack at it.

PrinceMSC
    For you screen shot lovers, you can feast on this.

Adventure Island

Screen Shot of the Week Record 7 Wins 2 Losses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.61%
    I did something similar to this way back in the days of beta 60 or 70 or something like that. If someone can find the old topics, they could serve as a base for this. (they should be here at AGN if the old forum still exists somewhere)

Thread Information