Lv. Percent
    78.78%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

How Did I Miss This?!?!

http://insider.ign.com/articles/360/360648p2.html

Konami Collection Series: Contra and Castlevania
    Platforms: PC
    Genre: Classic Games
    Ever wanted to play Simon's Quest again? Or get together with a buddy and plow through some aliens in the original Contra? Well, Konami is releasing this classics pack for the PC that includes the three NES Castlevanias as well as Contra and Super C.

OMG that rocks! I am totally buying that whenever it comes out. Those games all rocked (Super C was not as good as Contra, but it was ok.. I actually have it tho). Man that is cool :)

Does anyone know when this is coming out?

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    59.14%
    Contra? Kickass, love to play that again.
    Lone Wolf

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.9%
    That's it, I'm getting this set. Contra kicked butt.

Now if they would do the same thing with Gradius, Twinbee, etc. or bring a Japanese game over here *coughparodiustokimekimemorial*
    -Lord Alfred Hayes: "Thank you so much Bobby for that kind introduction."
    -Heenan: "It was written down. I didn't come up with it."

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.12%
    Duuuuude.... I wanted to play Simon's Quest again for quite awhile lately...haven't gotten around to downloading it though. I might actually pay for it and legally play it now. :)
    I could be the happiest man alive if it weren't for this damn depression.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.78%
    This was shown at E3, but I can't seem to find anything about when it's supposed to come out.

Although it seems very very doubtful, it would kick so much ass if they updated the graphics! Just think of it, Castlevania 3 with the character sprites from SotN!! After all, they were all in there (for those who don't know, besides Alucard who is the main character, Trevor, Grant and Sypha are a set of bosses in the inverted castle )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    30.6%
    Cool, though I still have Contra for my NES :) (that game is still so awesome).

Not to dampen the importance of the PC collection release, but you can play those games at www.consoleclassix.com for free until it comes out. If multiplayer was working right, I'd love to play Contra... I think I would like to get this collection though. You know I think there was a 2 game Gradius collection for PS2 about a year ago.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.78%
    Yeah, you can technically just get roms too, but this is at least legal :) Also nice, Castlevania 3 doesn't really emulate well (at least I havn't seen a good emulation of it). I tried playing it not too long ago, but the game was just way too messed up to deal with. It's a shame, I havn't even really played past the beginning of that game. I'd really like to try out the other characters (besides Trevor).

Oh, and actually I do have Castlevania (1) for PC.. it was released quite awhile ago.. I'm thinking 1991, 1992? I can't remember exactly.. it was actually a very faithful conversion.. assuming you used VGA graphics. It had support for some of the lesser cards too.. Hercules, EGA, CGA, and some others I can't remember. It also had an innane key card so ppl wouldn't pirate it.. it was a blood red card (ironic in a way) with rows and columns of numbers. The game would give you a row and column number and you had to type in what was in that slot. Damn annoying copywrite features!

Annnyways, as for Simon's Quest, I hope Konami cares enough to get rid of the password system. Hell, get rid of the password system in all the games. Passwords suck. I was playing this game fairly recently (only NES Castlevania I own), and I had gotten pretty far too.. then I go to look at something on the computer, trip over the power cord of the NES, and loose all my progress (at least one or two mansions completed since my last password). I didn't feel like playing anymore after that :p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    30.6%
    Originally posted by Warlock
    Yeah, you can technically just get roms too, but this is at least legal :) Also nice, Castlevania 3 doesn't really emulate well (at least I havn't seen a good emulation of it).
    Console Classix is legal too, that's why I linked to it. :)
    When I played Castlevania 3 with CC's version of Nester, it seemed real slow compared to most games, but it was playable. It must seem slow because its a MMC 5 game so it requires more power, where earlier games like Super Mario Bros. are more "normal" games before the later chips came out, so I guess the emulator isn't set right for C3.
    When I played Castlevania 3 a couple of days ago, I beat the first stage boss, that skeleton knight guy, went though the next stage, enter the next stage, then stopped because I had to stop playing.

Thread Information