Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.59%

Star Fox Adventures

I'm surprised no one has posted a topic about this game yet, especially seeing as it's Rare's first and last game on the GameCube.

Anyhow, I got this game on Wednesday, and it is addictive. Although one has to wonder why you need to collect so many items, I still have a hard time putting this game down. 11 hours in two days... And Rare put so much detail into almost everything(even small koi in the rivers) it shows off the Gamecube's power very well; although every once in awhile there are small graphical glitches, like during cinema scenes sometimes shadows will pixelize. I am however dissapointed that the arwing stages are so damned short, as they are well made.

And I'm not in the least bit afraid to say that Krystal is hot! I'm sure you know what I mean. You know what they say, sex sells.

Anyways, who's played this game and what do you all think of it?
    "The minority, the ruling class at present, has the schools and press, usually the Church as well, under its thumb. This enables it to organize and sway the emotions of the masses, and make its tool of them."
    -Albert Einstein

My Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    62.74%
    Is it released?!??! IT SEEMS GREAT (now I have a reason of buying a GC!)

Certainly they existed... AlexMax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.82%
    ...Although one has to wonder why you need to collect so many items...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.22%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    In EGM, one of the game reviewers, who in recent issues has shown himself to be a big fan of Nintendo and their games, actually gave the game a 4.5, which is barely below average. The other reviewers gave it an average of 8.0. A 4.5 is awfully bad for a game as anticipated as Star Fox Adventures...

He says that it was the fetching quests and having to collect items that ruined the game for him...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.59%
    I actually enjoy the collecting of items.
    This game just seems to never get boring for me.

And Alex, I've seen that Penny Arcade comic, fits well. And it's Bofomdads in case anyone cares..

I know some people will hate the focus on exploration and collecting, but most of Rare's more recent games were similar. If you're not sure wether you will like it or not then rent it first.

As for EGM, game reviews often times are wrong, I always find that if I'm interested in a game that actually playing it will tell me if I like it. Another example is Lunar: SSSC for the PSX, Gamepro gave it ratings in the 2's(out of 5) while I happen to love that game.
    "The minority, the ruling class at present, has the schools and press, usually the Church as well, under its thumb. This enables it to organize and sway the emotions of the masses, and make its tool of them."
    -Albert Einstein

My Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.61%
    I like this game somewhat. Not the greatest, but ok. The story and voice acting is terrible most of the time though.

One thing though, is this the Zelda 5/6 engine or did they build it from scratch. It seems an awful lot like they just took out Link and put in Fox.
    Link to the Past Tileset for ZC available here: http://www.filespace.org/bam200308/lttptileset2.4.zip

"Lie? Me? Never. The truth is far too much fun."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    3.81%
    I like the game. it's a little short though. And I think the voice acting is pretty good. At least it was better than SA2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.59%
    They programmed the engine from scratch, but alot of ideas did come from OoT's engine.

The engine is definately different from OoT's. Of course it is similar, it's just the type of game it is.

I thought the voice acting was fairly good most of the time, myself. As for the story, what do you expect from Star Fox? Star Fox games never have much of a story, the fact that this one has a story worth mentioning is odd.
    -Albert Einstein

My Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.13%
    I was looking forward to it, but I heard about all the going out and exploring, not so much fighting, and how short the Arwing levels were. I love flying, oh well, isn't there going to be a normal Star Fox game soon? Or is that about the same chance of their being a normal Mario game anytime soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.59%
    I've heard Nintendo is working on a normal StarFox game for the gamecube. I think Nintendo might be working with another company to make it.

I have no idea when it'll be out nor do I have any other details about it.
    -Albert Einstein

My Blog

Thread Information