Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.95%

Toggling Secret Combos/Flags

I haven't played all the way through ALtaDD, but my g/f has and she mentioned that just as you can turn the blue orbs red and lowering blue stumps with normal bombs, you can turn the red orbs blue and lower red stumps with super bombs. Well, it went something like that. Anyway, how does one make toggling secret combos like this? What if I wanted a switch hit once to do something, and hit twice to return to what it was? All I can think of is making the first combo's secret combo another switch, but how could you make a new set of flags and secret combos for this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    49.5%
    I knew I should've played ALTaDD more. -_-

As far as combos that trigger changes? Well.. The only thing I can think of goes like this.

You bomb the blue orb. It lowers the stumps, and changes the walkable floor into stair combos, which tilewarp you to an identical screen. On that identical screen, you can have the red orb be a super bomb flag, that did the same thing as the blue orb.

Get it?
    .:. .:. .:. .:. .:.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.95%
    Yeah, I think I get it. Hehe. I really wanted to avoid doing anything like that, but I guess I just might have to. LOL. Okay, well if you're doing that in a dungeon, how do you make them share a map. You know, the one Link draws as he goes. If you warp him to an identical screen, won't he have no record of the map? Also (hehe, sorry), I remember him doing something like this on a bridge with a pit on either side. That'd make 2 tile warps, including the secret stairs. That must have been a lot of work. Well, thanks, but I'm still gonna try to think of another way to do it. :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    49.5%
    Oh yeah.. I said stair warps. I'm thinking in 1.90. Use pit warps.

As far as the bridge.. I'm still trying to figure that out. I think it has to do with alot of tile/side warping, and identical rooms. :) As for "map sharing".. Well, I do it all the time in TCoL. Level 1 is 4 dmaps in and of itself, even though it's only 1 map..

In the dmap menu, you set the level of that dmap. If you have all the levels the same, then the dmap won't go away when you warp. :)
    .:. .:. .:. .:. .:.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.95%
    Coolness. Thanks.:)