All right, this is a be-all end-all reference for any question pertaining to the little message you get with War Lord's F-Drive listed on it. You will get this message on your first attempt at using Zelda Classic 1.90, and must follow the procedure below to correct it. You can need to use this procedure to select a custom quest.

After typing in the name you wish to use for a quest file...

1. Get rid of the error message (not applicable for choosing custom quests).
  2. With the quest file selected, press A (unless you already chose your own set of keys, this will be the left Alt key).
  3. Push your A button again.
  4. Click "Browse".

If you are in the Zelda Classic folder, proceed to step 7. If you are NOT in the Zelda Classic folder...
  5. Keep clicking the folder marked "..\" to go up a window until you find yourself in "My Computer".

(Your C drive and the floppy drive will appear here, so if you see those, you're in "My Computer". One step further up is basically the desktop.)
  6. Find where you installed Zelda Classic, and enter the directory.

(A good indication is "Zelda" appearing at the start of the name. Unless you changed it at install, it should appear right in the C directory, or whichever directory you chose to install in.)
  7. Select 1st.qst, or the custom quest you wish to play.
  8. Click OK.
  9. Click OK again, in the previous window.
  10. Push your B button (by default, left Ctrl).
  11. Push Enter and start playing.

If you are new to ZC, print this for reference, and keep this near your computer at all times until you are sure you can perform this activity without blinking. Not doing so will cause you to return asking how to load a custom quest again. Believe me, we don't want that to happen.

If you have any questions, please create a new post referencing this article. If necessary, I will edit this article accordingly.

Cyclone