User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pop up ads; ads with sound; ads with no close button- Gone too far?

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.53%
    That's pretty much what I do, it just doesn't always work out well.

By the way, I love your sig, the Clinton thing.
    I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
    Philippians 3:14

Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see.
    In the dark it is easy to pretend
    That the truth is what it ought to be.

~The Phantom of the Opera

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    38.08%
    Originally posted by 3-Headed Monkey
    Every normal person thinks that, it's like wanting to kill people who call during dinner to see if you're interested in a different long distance service.
    If you ever get someone from MCI calling and go through to the last person on the line, please don't yell at me (or whoever it happens to be at the time). It wasn't my fault; I'm not actually MCI (either myself or whoever will state a different company name), but my job involves work related to MCI.

Cyclone
    -----
    "This generation will run the country someday, unfortunately. Maybe we will get lucky and they will all stay bums." - Starkist
    -----
    Meh... sleep is for the weak. [goes back to sleep] - inori :rofl:
    -----
    You have a lot of people quoted in your sig. But not me. Thank you. - Tygore
    -----
    I got a brother who knows about this place... he can pass on the message if something ever happened to me. Then you'll all know when to rejoice. - Daarkseid

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.53%
    As long as you're not the one that dials... or the first person I talk to.

Someday, I will be so good at mind games that every time someone does that, they will go home a nervous wreck.
    I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
    Philippians 3:14

Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see.
    In the dark it is easy to pretend
    That the truth is what it ought to be.

~The Phantom of the Opera

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.08%
    Well Cyclone I don't think anyone will have to worry about MCI calls too much anymore, since the MCI/Worldcom scandal has started.

And all these IE only features used in pop-up ads was one of the top three reasons I stopped using it all together. Of course all browsers that support javascript(and therefore pop-ups) support pop-ups with sound. I now leave pop-ups disabled in Opera and only enable then when needed. I even disbled them in Mozilla for the unfrequent times that I use it.
    "The minority, the ruling class at present, has the schools and press, usually the Church as well, under its thumb. This enables it to organize and sway the emotions of the masses, and make its tool of them."
    -Albert Einstein

My Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    38.08%
    MCI/Worldcom scandals? That piques my interest; from what I knew, they merged into one company.

Cyclone
    -----
    "This generation will run the country someday, unfortunately. Maybe we will get lucky and they will all stay bums." - Starkist
    -----
    -----
    -----
    I got a brother who knows about this place... he can pass on the message if something ever happened to me. Then you'll all know when to rejoice. - Daarkseid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.08%
    Originally posted by Cyclone
    MCI/Worldcom scandals? That piques my interest; from what I knew, they merged into one company.

Cyclone
    Yes they are one company.
    but please tell me you've heard that they have been cooking their books for awhile now. they faked 4 billion dollrs in profits they never actualy made. As of this past monday(last time I checked the stock) their stock was tradin ay 6 cents a share.

It's not anythign new..
    "The minority, the ruling class at present, has the schools and press, usually the Church as well, under its thumb. This enables it to organize and sway the emotions of the masses, and make its tool of them."
    -Albert Einstein

My Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    38.08%
    Ah, well, all I know is that I get the happy duty of verifying orders for customers who blatantly say to me, "I told him that I didn't want it, so I don't know how I got to you..."

Another classic: "Oh, he said just keep answering yes and I'd get a free calling card. But I didn't think he was changing my long distance."

And one I learned about recently: "He told me I had to accept this change, or he'd lose his job. I don't want him to lose his job."

It's amazing what some of these reps. will do to make your life as a third-party agent a living nightmare. Ever wonder why they're doing so poorly? Now I know.

NEway, back on topic: yes, pop-ups suck. It's about my hundredth time or so saying it; I even flamed pop-ups in General Bitching, back in the day. Ah...

Cyclone
    -----
    -----
    -----
    -----

Thread Information